- Lufthansa - 70 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/lufthansa/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/253c86a5-69a7-460d-887a-c091b0a3d853131305099052685562.png
Remuneration - Range starting from £30,000 (Competitive Salary).
Do you want to work for a leading aviation company, who leads the world in aircraft Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul. Do you want to be involved in a technical team, working on large aircraft supporting many of the world's largest airlines. Do you want the challenge of setting up new capabilities and processes - setting roadmap for a company for the years to come.
Lufthansa Technik Landing Gear Services are uniquely placed to provide candidate with great experience and challenge working with the world's largest aircraft OEM's. There is an opportunity within the Engineering technical department for an Airworthiness Engineer.
Duties and responsibilities
- To be a primary point of contact to the customer base, interacting with stock sales and customer support as required, but taking prioritisation leadership from the Documentation Team Leader.
- To investigate and provide responses to customer instigated documentation queries.
- To utilise both internal and customer contacts to help solve missing documentation issues - recovering incomplete piece part or asset documentation.
- To perform Back To Birth investigations on both piece parts and landing gear assets - supporting both the production and the Asset business at LTLGS.
- To facilitate customer specific documentation pack creation as required by the company procedures and customer requirements.
- To facilitate creation of extended Back to Birth Records / Movement Traceability Sheets (MTS) for both LTLGS and external customer requirements.
- To review production issues, with respect to 'swap' and documentation issues. This includes review of cycles used (Cycles Since New - CSN) and contract requirements and the BTB status - leading to production recommendations.
- To provide support in wider documentation tasks (On Logs, Off Logs and other investigations) as required to support production requirements.
- To understand and review forward planning tools (Colour plan / Asset planning tools) and highlight areas of documentation conflict, along with any mitigation plans.
- To learn and use of company software packages (FlyDoc's for example), and optimise its use within the department to aid the documentation / BTB process. This will involve process improvement and training of other members of the team.
- All duties shall be undertaken in compliance with Safety and Environmental Regulations and Company Procedures. In addition to the duties and responsibilities outlined above you will be expected to carry out any other reasonable activities as required by your line manager.
Experience and knowledge
- Candidate shall have proven experience of working with Life Limited and Serialised part process, ideally in the landing gear MRO environment. Experience of both Boeing and Airbus documentation processes would be beneficial.
- Candidate must have good written communication skills and have proven experience of working and communicating with a world-wide customer base.
- Understanding of document scanning systems would be an advantage (SAP / Scanning / OCR etc.).
- Comprehensive knowledge of the aircraft publications arena, ideally with EASA 145 / CAMO / Part M airworthiness compliance experience.
- Candidate shall have the ability to read and understand customer contracts / specification and put in place action plans for contract adherence.
- Proven ability to learn new IT solutions - For example - ability to learn SAP system to investigate data, ability to learn FLYdocs documentation control system.
- Good IT skills with the use of standard Microsoft packages. Proven experience of using MRP / ERP data systems (SAP / AMOS etc.).
*Must possess a legal work permit in the country of employment.
About Lufthansa Technik Landing Gear Services UK
Lufthansa Technik Landing Gear Services is part of the Lufthansa Technik Group - the world's leading provider of maintenance, repair and overhaul services as well as modifications to the civil aviation industry. With tailor-made maintenance programs and advanced repair techniques, we ensure the reliability and availability of our customers' aircraft fleets. We are independent of aircraft manufacturers and licensed internationally as a repair, manufacturing and development organization. With more than 26,000 employees and over 30 international subsidiaries, the Lufthansa Technik Group offers a full range of services in the fields of maintenance, overhaul, component support, engines, landing gears, VIP services, innovation and digital fleet solutions to around 800 customers worldwide. Lufth
- Full time
Posted 27 Oct 2019
Closes 26 Nov 2019
This job was posted to: Airworthiness engineer