- GE Aviation - 300 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Lynn, Alabama, United States
The Business Leader will perform the daily operations of facilities to ensure reliability and consistency on commercial
and military component hardware production line. Seeking an Operational Leader with the ability to lead
through increasing output to 20-25% while developing strategy for future outlook of facility.
- Manage a team of 5-10 salaried reports - consisting of Mechanical Engineers, Quality Engineers, Production Specialist and Front Line Supervisors
- Manage an operation, business, unit, or part of a production facility in order to reach defined targets in quality, cost, delivery and safety
- Ensure continuous business improvement according to benchmarks and standards
- Develop research programs on the basis of a year
- Give input to business programs of a encompassing part of a function or a business unit and to midterm plan
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Operation Management (Including prior Management / Supervisory experience in an operation / production environment)
- Demonstrated experience applying Lean principles to drive improves cycles time, throughput
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
- Ability to use data in an industrial setting, understand the use of data to drive outcomes within the plant
- Proven leadership experience in an operations/production facility
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
- Established project management skill
Lynn is the home of the first U.S. jet engine thanks in part to relationships with material science researchers at nearby MIT. This continued relationship allows us to focus on product improvement. GE Aviation still a major employer in Lynn, assembling small commercial, military and marine engines in this Boston suburb. As a result, over 4,200 GE employees now call this historic area \"home.\" Take the MBTA commuter rail into the nearby city of Boston. Several parks including the largest municipal park in New England, as well as the Lynn Beach offer resident relaxation. Learn more about our New England community!
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Full time
Posted 25 Oct 2019
Closes 23 Nov 2019
This job was posted to: Project manager