Metallic Materials Application Engineer
- GE Aviation - 300 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
GE Aviation is looking for Engineers to join our fast-growing Advanced Military Engineering business. The Metallic Materials Application Engineer (MAE) provides materials expertise and technical leadership for multiple material systems across a variety of components. The focus of this role is the development and application of metallic materials and processes across a variety of aviation components within the supply chain. In this role you will work with design, sourcing and quality.
As the Metallic Materials Application Engineer (MAE), you will:
Execute, with guidance from senior engineering resources, the analysis, design, test, or integration required to define and support assigned components, assemblies or systems that meet business standards and program / product requirements.
Work scope will include:
- Material selection for new designs,
- Troubleshooting of manufacturing issues at new-make and in repair,
- New material / process implementation,
- Review of supplier processes,
- Material test program planning
- In addition to other technical tasks
- Prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers
- Support to supply chain, attendance at audits and pre-production meetings
- Define technical specifications and establish process limits
- Share engineering information and promote open dialogue
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- Participate on teams assigned to address specific organizational initiatives
- Nickel and Cobalt Base Superalloys
- Titanium Alloys and Stainless Steels
- Aerospace or Gas Turbine Industry Manufacturing
- Quality Systems and Field Support
- In depth understanding of metallurgy and material manufacturing processes such as:
- Heat Treatment
- Welding, etc.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're
passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come. Learn More about GE
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legall
- Full time
Posted 25 Oct 2019
Closes 23 Nov 2019
This job was posted to: Planning engineer