- Lufthansa - 61 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/lufthansa/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/253c86a5-69a7-460d-887a-c091b0a3d853131305099052685562.png
Remuneration- Range starting from £19,000(Competitive Salary) instead of £21,000
- Reporting to the Documentation Team Leader, the jobholder primary responsibility will be for the management and scanning of the LTLGS documentation into the electronic filing system. The role includes both electronic and physical archive management.
- To work with the wider documentation team to provide a world class 'documentation' pack for the end customer. This includes but not limited to
- Scan, log and validate the LTLGS documentation.
- Creation of work package reports for the end customer (Maxi and Mini Packs).
- Provide support to the company BTB tracking system.
Duties and responsibilities
- To scan the completed maintenance records into LTLGS's records system, both internally as well as outsourced, for LTLGS's electronic records.
- Understand, create and manage volume documentation, by the use of key performance metrics and then provide weekly updates.
- To initiate searches for missing maintenance records and monitor rectification in a timely manner.
- To sort, file, retrieve and return the hard copy maintenance records for the control of the LTLGS archive.
- Regularly review the documentation IT support process, to ensure that it is robust and functioning. Working with both internal and external IT support, ensure that all documents are scanned, filed and logged correctly. This role will involve interaction with scanning technical experts.
- To support the wider engineering documentation team in the creation of customer specific mini and maxi documentation packs, under the direction of the Documentation Team Leader.
- Including the provision of support in wider documentation tasks (On Logs, Off Logs, BTB and SAP data entry) as required.
- To maintain knowledge of LTLGS's working procedures pertinent for the job function.
- To update Head of Engineering / Head of Quality when any significant documentation issues are encountered with the maintenance records.
- You may be required to train personnel within a specified area subject to your qualifications and experience.
- All duties shall be undertaken in compliance with Safety and Environmental Regulations and Company Procedures.
Education and qualifications
- GCSEs or equivalent (Must include maths and English, Computer science desirable).
- ECDL or equivalent (Must be Excel proficient but desirable to be advanced excel user).
Experience and knowledge
- Very good IT skills and proficiency in MS Office products, electronic file management (MS Explorer based).
- Proven experience working with electronic files and data.
- Desirable to have proven document scanning experience and knowledge of working with TIFF, PDF and scanning software.
- Ability to understand technical concepts and flow of documentation.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral, with ability to communicate effectively with external suppliers and both internal and external customers.
- Understanding of SAP an advantage (but not mandatory).
- Rights to work within the UK without any restrictions.
- No agencies.
*Must possess a legal work permit in the country of employment.
About Lufthansa Technik Landing Gear Services UK
Lufthansa Technik Landing Gear Services is part of the Lufthansa Technik Group - the world's leading provider of maintenance, repair and overhaul services as well as modifications to the civil aviation industry. With tailor-made maintenance programs and advanced repair techniques, we ensure the reliability and availability of our customers' aircraft fleets. We are independent of aircraft manufacturers and licensed internationally as a repair, manufacturing and development organization. With more than 26,000 employees and over 30 international subsidiaries, the Lufthansa Technik Group offers a full range of services in the fields of maintenance, overhaul, component support, engines, landing gears, VIP services, innovation and digital fleet solutions to around 800 customers worldwide. Lufthansa Technik Landing Gear Services is located in London and has over 300 employees. Our success is built on our people who are fundamental to our organization.
If this is you, please apply via email:
- Full time
Posted 24 Oct 2019
Closes 23 Nov 2019
This job was posted to: Airline administration