- Lufthansa - 63 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/lufthansa/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/253c86a5-69a7-460d-887a-c091b0a3d853131305099052685562.png
Location- Hayes (15 Minutes away from Heathrow Airport).
Remuneration- Range starting from £21,000(Competitive Salary).
Reporting to the Engineering Team Leader, the Jobholder will be responsible for the provision of engineering expertise, advice and support for engineering Projects, under the guidance of the internal Technical Support Engineering Team.
The Job holder will also support the development of new production processes and new product introduction projects required to maintain the company's competitive position.
Duties and responsibilities
- To develop both IT and Engineering technical support system required to support the repair and overhaul of Aircraft components in accordance with company procedures and in compliance with applicable airworthiness regulations.
- To review and administer Component Overhaul Manuals (CMM's), Approved Technical Publications (ATP's) and other OEM technical documentation and utilize this data in the company systems (SAP etc.) to ensure that work undertaken is up to date and technically competent. Candidate should be conversant with ATA applicable aircraft manuals.
- To assist in the development of new capability for the company with the provision of correct data, tools, equipment, training and spares to support capability intake as requested.
- To assist in the development of new processes in the production repair loop (NDT, Machine Shop, Metal treatment, Paint removal, Painting, and Plating shop) by the provision of data and engineering documentation.
- To facilitate the creation and amendment of Engineering data within the company control system (SAP), and ensure that all data is created in accordance with relevant CMM/OHM/SOPM. Production information includes Bill of Materials, Routes, Picture sheets all of which control the production process.
- Developing wider product knowledge within the landing gear sector. This includes understanding of industry best practice and aircraft type knowledge around the fitment of a gear.
- To provide for the support of operations in accordance with standard practices and procedures derived from approved sources for use within the organization. This will include the development of new processes and procedures.
- Working with the Production department to continuously improve best practice/procedures based on lean principles, to allow for efficient throughput.
- Where necessarily, communicate with OEM's for the clarification answers to technical queries.
- All duties shall be undertaken in compliance with Safety and Environmental Regulations and Company Procedures.
Education and qualifications
- Wide engineering background and ideally with knowledge of landing gears.
- Degree Qualified (BEng 2:1), Aeronautical/Aerospace/Mechanical or Engineering. Technical HND with applicable experience will also be considered.
Experience and knowledge
- Proficient in the use of IT. Good understanding of Microsoft Packages - Advance excel / Visual Basic would be a benefit.
- Experience of working with production control packages (MRP / ERP / SAP etc.).
- Familiarisation of the aircraft publications arena, ideally with EASA 145 / CAMO / Part M airworthiness compliance experience would be of benefit.
- Experience of working within 3D CAD systems (Solid Works), ideally within an PDM environment (Team Centre / ePDM for example).
- Rights to work within the UK without any restrictions
- No agencies.
*Must possess a legal work permit in the coutry of employment.
About Lufthansa Technik Landing Gear Services UK
Lufthansa Technik Landing Gear Services is part of the Lufthansa Technik Group - the world's leading provider of maintenance, repair and overhaul services as well as modifications to the civil aviation industry. With tailor-made maintenance programs and advanced repair techniques, we ensure the reliability and availability of our customers' aircraft fleets. We are independent of aircraft manufacturers and licensed internationally as a repair, manufacturing and development organization. With more than 26,000 employees and over 30 international subsidiaries, the Lufthansa Technik Group offers a full range of services in the fields of maintenance, overhaul, component support, engines, landing gears, VIP services, innovation and digital fleet solutions to around 800 customers worldwide. Lufthansa Technik Landing Gear Services is located in London and has over 300 employees. Our success is built on our people who are fundamental to our organization.
If this is you, please apply
- Full time
Posted 24 Oct 2019
Closes 23 Nov 2019
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic