Manager Sales and Handling
- Lufthansa - 61 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/lufthansa/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/253c86a5-69a7-460d-887a-c091b0a3d853131305099052685562.png
The Manager Sales & Handling is responsible for the organization of LH Cargo's entire operational business activity (sales and handling) in his/her geographical area. She/he represents LH Cargo towards all relevant authorities and external partners. She/he is accountable for the achievement of the targets set by the Head of Sales and Handling (F/GC). This includes quantitative and qualitative sales and handling targets within a given cost budget as well as steering of local sales and handling units in the geographical area. She/he is responsible for the day-to-day management of the sales and handling teams.
She/he is responsible for the operational steering of sales in the geographical area
- Steering of inside and outside sales reps/teams, e.g. allocation of accounts and performance management.
- Identification and exploitation of growth potential.
- Leading customer interface on local level.
- Maximization of earnings and yields.
- Where operationally and legally applicable, local liaison plus sales and handling coordination with JV partners.
- Responsibility for ongoing monitoring of market trends and competitors as well as initiation of suitable measures for maintaining and expanding market shares.
- Where applicable, ensuring sufficient local capacities, including RFS in cooperation with Regional team.
- Local implementation of global /regional communications and advertising measures to promote sales.
She/he ensures safety, security and quality of warehouse and aircraft handling activity, including negotiations with service providers and partner airlines on local level
- Where applicable, management of AC and WH handling processes at all stations in the geographical area in compliance with all relevant directives (security, legal requirements, quality, maintenance of qualifications and skills) through steering of own staff as well as of the staff of service providers.
- Liaison with LCAG handled carriers, where applicable, to service their needs and relay these to staff.
- Negotiation of external handling services in cooperation with procurement staff ("procurement teams") and regional management on the basis of production strategy.
- Responsibility for organizing and opening new stations in the geographical area.
- Participation in negotiations of contracts/agreements for aircraft handling like SGHA etc.
- Ensures quality and a SMS reporting on local level btw station and GHA as well as to Headquarter.
- Where applicable, execution of L-Level responsibilities.
She/he represents the LCAG interests in the geographical area (politics, local authorities, industry and trade associations, media etc.) in consultation, where necessary, with the F/GC and regional functions.
She/he implements LCAG's strategy and plans on the sales and handling side into meaningful activities under the specific local circumstances.
She/he leads all LH Cargo staff in the geographical area as a disciplinary superior:
- Recruiting, managing, motivating and developing subordinate staff.
- Management of relations with employee representatives. - where applicable.
- Management of pay negotiations in line with instructions under the leadership of the CA organization. - where applicable.
She/he manages the country/district financial tasks and adheres to the cost budget
- Steering and controlling of the cost budget as well as proactive initiation of cost-saving measures.
- Securing all delegated financial processes in accordance with authorization (power of attorney) guidelines.
- Bottom-up forecast & budget.
She/he ensures efficient and effective organization and processes / quality
- Steering of efficient and effective internal processes and of the sales and station organization in the geographical area.
- Implementation of central process directives, respectively introduction of local adjustments within the prescribed framework.
- Management of all quality parameters in own area on the basis of assigned KPIs.
- Observance of all compliance directives.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- College degree/vocational training desirable.
- Bachelor's degree desirable.
- Min. 3-5 years of relevant work experience in the logistics or airline industry.
- Adequate knowledge of LH Cargo's processes and organization. Alternatively, good knowledge of comparable international airline/ logistics industry structures.
- Fluent English require
- Full time
Posted 24 Oct 2019
Closes 23 Nov 2019
This job was posted to: Airline sales