Senior Data Engineer
- easyJet - 31 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/easyjet/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/c8af808d-5d02-4385-abe7-72a5b3b45582131202433215856711.png
Greater London, England
When it comes to innovation and achievement there are few organisations with a better track record. Join us and you'll be able to play a big part in the success of our highly successful, fast-paced business that opens up Europe so people can exercise their get-up-and-go. With over 300 aircraft flying over 800 routes to more than 30 countries, we're the UK's largest airline, the second largest in Europe and the tenth largest in the world. Flying over 80 million passengers a year, we employ over 13,000 people. Its big-scale stuff and we're still growing.
With a big investment into a Hadoop big data platform and with a large amount of interesting data this is the chance for you to come and be part of an exciting transformation in the way we store, analyse and use data in a fast paced organisation.
We are looking to recruit a Senior Data Engineer to provide technical leadership to the Data Engineering team. You will play a major role in adhering to big data best practices whilst building and maintaining reliable data pipelines and products across a range of exciting projects. Bringing a wealth of technical experience in big data platforms combined with excellent skills in development. This role will support the business on the journey from a greenfield big data estate to a mature data lead organisation.
- Familiarity in a Unix environment and comfortable with shell-scripting, competent hands-on experience with SQL Server, Spark, Spark API, Python, Scala, Hive, Impala.
- Building orchestration for data pipelines using tools such as Jenkins/Ansible/Oozie/Cron.
- Help the business harness the power of data within easyJet, supporting them with insight, analytics and data science.
- Develop robust data pipelines to serve the easyJet analyst and data science community.
- Work in a fast-paced agile scrum environment with a release within sprint mentality.
- Coach and mentor the team to improve development standards.
- Work with Technical Architects to define patterns and standards for designs.
- Work with Business Analysts to deliver against requirements and realise business benefits.
- Building a documentation library and data catalogue for all data pipelines/products.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices and driving technical innovations in the team.
- Oversight of project deliverables and code quality going into the next shippable release.
- Work with a mixed team of onshore and offshore resource.
- Provide L3 support for data pipelines/products within the Data Engineering estate.
- Provide business support for technical queries/challenges faced.
- Full time
Posted 24 Oct 2019
Closes 23 Nov 2019
This job was posted to: Maintenance manager
Recommended, similar jobs
Dublin, County Dublin, Ireland Republic of