Lead Supplier Quality Engineering Specialist
- GE Aviation - 300 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England
Support supplier selection, onboarding and development through to serial production and on an ongoing basis. Develop and drive quality improvement, resolve quality issues and own supplier quality performance results for designated suppliers, driving improvement using industry standard tools and techniques, whilst ensuring compliance to industry recognised standards and certifications.
- Includes both traditional Supplier Quality Assurance and Supplier Quality Development roles, with a strong focus on APQP therefore, experience of APQP in an NPI environment would be highly beneficial.
- Includes supplier qualification, action plans, audits, performance monitoring, problem resolution and assisting key suppliers towards industrial standards of excellence.
Develops new solutions under guidance and/or in a team setting or based upon precedents in the organization.
- Balance both tactical execution with strategic initiatives necessary to drive quality and cost improvement.
Works together with business colleagues at all levels up to and including senior management and executives.
- Specifies needs, communicates about project approach and presents outcomes of research done.
Provides technical assistance to commodity buyers to develop awareness of manufacturing processes and improve product knowledge.
- Actively participates in supplier performance reviews.
- Advises Functional managers regarding projects, processes and procedures in their own field.
- Contributes to projects as a team member or leads small projects.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with proven experience in a Supplier Quality Management environment appropriate to the role).
- Strong background in APQP implementation and use of key APQP tools, with experience of this in an NPI environment being beneficial.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http:// Applyba.homeoffice. Apply/visas-immigration/working
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead small project teams.
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. Apply
GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
Employment decisions are made without regard to disability, race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age or any other characteristics protected by law.
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, util
- Full time
Posted 24 Oct 2019
Closes 22 Nov 2019
This job was posted to: Quality control