Wilm Inspector - B
- GE Aviation - 300 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Wilmington, California, United States
Setup and inspect parts and assemblies. Utilize all types of standard gages, instruments, special gages and equipment specified in inspection instructions. Work to required written inspection instructions, drawings and specifications. Assist in training other personnel in a team oriented environment.
• Responsible for performing mechanical and visual inspection tasks. Set up and use electronic gaging equipment including all conventional and unconventional mechanical inspection devices (example: wax and trace, rotary tables, surface finish measuring devices, etc.).
• Required to setup and perform surface plate inspections as detailed in inspection instructions.
• Required to make setups for repetitive measuring operations, and train other inspectors.
• Required to work to Engineering drawings, sketches, inspection planning and other inspection and testing standards and specifications. This may include some in-machine inspections.
• Responsible for documenting findings, making reports and providing feedback as required.
• Must actively participate in a team based environment which includes, but not limited to the following: Active participation in daily team meetings and activities, cooperates and relates well with others, practices direct professional communication with team members, and is open to new ideas from team members and considers opinions different from their own.
• Required to obtain and maintain Inspector B Certification. Training is provided for this certification.
• May be required to complete part marking, wash, and dry lube operations.
• Responsible for keeping facilities, material and work area orderly, exercising care in their use, maintaining good housekeeping practices and conforming to all safety and quality standards.
• Forklifts, cranes and material handling equipment are expected to be used instead of manual lifting and carrying. Employee may be required to lift or carry objects weighing up to 50# following proper ergonomic procedures
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Must have at least 3 years manufacturing experience in set-up and operations of any 2 of following computer numerically controlled (CNC) machining processes: drilling, milling, grinding, turning, or broaching or 2 year degree from an accredited machinist training program.
• Must have one year of experience reading and interpreting mechanical blueprints and/or production planning.
• Must have at least 2 years using precision measuring instruments.
• Must be able to push, pull or lift aviation rotating parts utilizing the appropriate safety/support devices and proper ergonomic procedures (with or without reasonable accommodation).
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
Add Eligibility Requirement GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
• Prior Aircraft Engines machining experience
• Must be able to use computers and learn Microsoft Office.
• Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions and communicate effectively in the English language.
• Experience working in a high-performing team-based environment.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. Apply
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U
- Full time
Posted 23 Oct 2019
Closes 21 Nov 2019
This job was posted to: Airworthiness engineer