Advanced Lead Engineer - Fleet Management
- GE Aviation - 300 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Everett, Georgia, United States
The Advanced Lead Engineer - Fleet Management provides onsite technical support relating to CFM & GE aircraft engines. In this role, you will be supporting a major airframer. This position will act as the liaison between CFM & GE Aviation, the airframer and end customer. In addition, provide feedback and guidance to assist in the resolution of technical problems and negotiate commercial solutions to drive aircraft delivery.
- Serve as the primary on-site or mobile representative leading the day to day activities to assure on-time delivery of aircraft
- Provide program leadership, technical direction, and assistance to the airframer, customer, and other GE field personnel
- Responsible for the operation, inspection, maintenance, and repair of assigned product lines
- Assist the airframer and/or customer with technical understanding of the operation, maintenance, and trouble-shooting of multiple types of GE products
- Review effectiveness of maintenance actions to identify training needs
- Apply Six Sigma and Lean analytical tools to improve operations
- Assist airframer with issue resolution and provisioning
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in a field service or maintenance position)
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a field services or maintenance position
- Willingness and ability to travel
- GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen
- Previous experience with direct customer service and negotiation responsibilities
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college is preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Proven analytical and quality improvement ability
- Demonstrated proficiency in repair troubleshooting, shop operations, and testing of assigned programs / hardware
- Ability to make formal presentations to all audiences
- Ability to work with all levels of maintenance, engineering and management
- Project management or supervisory experience is preferred
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. Apply
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
- Full time
Posted 22 Oct 2019
Closes 20 Nov 2019
This job was posted to: Project manager