Production Quality Specialist (Quality Engineer)
- GE Aviation - 300 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
The Production Quality Specialist will be a part of the growing team in Asheville and work on the GE 9X product line. The person in this position will work with new product introduction as the site brings new processes and equipment to the shop floor.
As the Production Quality Specialist, you will:
- Have ownership of both quality assurance and quality control
- Includes quality assurance of products, services, manufacturing processes
- Includes conformance in manufacturing, incoming goods control, product inspection, witness points, etc.
- Work to resolve problems through the application of acquired expertise guided by precedent
- Work together with people from the business unit
- Communicate with direct team and supervisor
- Present to internal teams on metrics, project status and research
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (Or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Manufacturing)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong problem solving skills
Unison Engine Components is located in Asheville, NC. We are a leading supplier of close tolerance, complex, rotating, thin wall aero-engine components from premium grade materials. Products include disks, shafts, forward outer seals, cooling plates, blade-retainers, rotating air seals and heat shields. With over 50 years of experience, we have earned a reputation for the highest quality. We use cutting-edge techniques, such as abrasive flow process, shot peening, abrasive waterjet cutting and dual plane balancing to enhance efficiency and minimize costs. Come learn more about our area!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're
passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come. Learn More about GE
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
United States;Alabama, Alaska, American Samoa, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Guam, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Northern Mariana Islands, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, United States Minor Outlying Islands, Utah, Vermont, Virgin Islands, U.S., Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming;Asheville;
- Full time
Posted 22 Oct 2019
Closes 20 Nov 2019
This job was posted to: Quality control