Sourcing Commodity Support Specialist
- GE Aviation - 300 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
The Sourcing Commodity Support Specialist will provide support to Electronic and Mechanical commodity groups within GE Aviation. This role will support the team with PO placements and supplier follow up. Additional support will include performing in depth analysis of supplier costed Bill of Materials as well as manage various projects and First Article Inspection support.
- Update and manage BPAs and POs
- Manage relationships with suppliers for PO execution
- Support commodity buys
- Understand strategies for assigned commodities & proactively drive initiatives to help meet Sourcing objectives under supervision
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (Or a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Sourcing, Pricing, Costing or related field)
- One year Sourcing, Costing, Pricing experience
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable)
- Strong Excel skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously completing work on time and accurately
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Proven analytical and organizational ability
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're
passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come. Learn More about GE
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
United States;Michigan;Grand Rapids;
- Full time
Posted 22 Oct 2019
Closes 20 Nov 2019
This job was posted to: Flight operations