Senior Legal Procurement Manager
- GE Aviation - 300 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
The Senior Legal Procurement Manager will assist the Sourcing organization in the negotiation of agreements with GE Aviation Systems suppliers. This role will apply sound legal and business judgement to identify, analyze, and negotiate contract terms and conditions. This role plays a critical part in assuring the team is meeting related requirements to mitigate risk.
- Manage the end-to-end contracts negotiation process to meet/exceed business cycle time requirements
- Advise sourcing and business teams on agreement structure, risks, and alternatives
- Manage contract clause libraries and contract databases
- Collaborate with business functions to draft revisions to C64/I64 and appropriate fall backs
- Management of contract template processes, including systematic reviews of templates and playbooks, and incorporation of best contracting practices and provisions Assist with educating and training individuals regarding contract processes, policies and procedures, as needed
- Lead process improvement efforts to support the achievement of business objectives
- Undergraduate Degree or paralegal certification plus 5+ years of related experience
- Demonstrated experience prioritizing conflicting demands from multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with individuals from multiple departments at all levels of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work successfully towards strict deadlines, as well as independently on multiple, simultaneous assignments
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
- JD or MBA Preferred
- Experience negotiating complex multi-year agreements
- Prior experience in Aerospace or related industry
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're
manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation
teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that tackle some of the world's toughest
problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our
culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber
talent, utilizing ground breaking technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination
products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality.
If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for
growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the
globe for generations to come.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
United States;Michigan;Grand Rapids;
- Full time
Posted 22 Oct 2019
Closes 20 Nov 2019
This job was posted to: Airline buyer