Manufacturing Associate B- Inspector (2nd Shift)
- GE Aviation - 300 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Vandalia, Illinois, United States
The Vandalia Manufacturing Associate B will be responsible for quality inspections of Aviation product at various stages of the production process and interface with the quality and manufacturing team. We currently have openings on 2nd shift, working from 2:30PM-11:00PM.
- Provide electronic, electro-mechanical, mechanical, or similarly related inspection
- Performs dimensional and visual inspection on a wide variety of incoming and outgoing electrical/mechanical components, materials, and supplies against drawings and quality instructions for damage and defects following standard procedures
- Document inspection findings in the Quality system detailing results, error and/or damage, etc. Verifies compliance with industry standards and customer requirements
- Coordinates corrective actions with other support functions ex. Quality, Admin, Eng.
- Ability in obtain and maintain quality inspection stamp approval
- Use plant equipment or machines as required (i.e. CMM)
- Handle parts as directed by supervisor
- Perform all tasks or operations per router instructions (i.e. Proficy)
- Record all non-conformances in applicable systems (i.e. TipQA)
- Receive and count stock items, and record data manually or using computer.
- Mark stock items using tags, or other labeling equipment
- Issue or distribute materials, products, parts, and supplies to customers or coworkers, based on information from incoming requisitions.
- Make decisions based on experience and available data
- Conform to all EHS guidelines including, but not limited to, wearing proper PPE
- Successful candidate may be required to take classes in team building, environmental health and safety, and/or other on-the-job training to learn specific assignments
- Comply with and support all GE policies and the "Integrity: The Spirit and The Letter of Our Commitment" guide
- High School diploma or GED
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Ability and willingness to read blueprints, drawings, schematics
- Ability and willingness to read and understand applicable information such as written instructions, procedures and specifications that apply to daily work operations
- Ability and willingness to read measuring devices such as micrometers and calipers
- Ability and willingness to use hand tools (pliers, wrenches, hammers, etc.)
- 1 year of experience in electronic/mechanical/electro-mechanical inspection
- Ability and willingness to use hand tools and measuring devices (i.e. - optical comparators, ohm meters, leak check, CMM, dial calipers, rulers, tape measures, protractors, micrometers, gauges, etc.) as required within department
- Ability and willingness to become IPC-610 certified
- Proficient in use of basic computer applications, such as Oracle and Microsoft applications
- Possess intermediate understanding of blueprint interpretation including, GD&T
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're
manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation
teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that tackle some of the world's toughest
problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our
culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber
talent, utilizing ground breaking technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination
products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality.
If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for
growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the
globe for generations to come.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexu
- Full time
Posted 22 Oct 2019
Closes 20 Nov 2019
This job was posted to: Airworthiness engineer