Lead Field Service Engineer- Aviation
- GE Aviation - 300 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
The Lead Field Service Engineer- Aviation provides onsite technical support relating to GE aircraft engines. In this role, you will be supporting a major airline/engine shop. This position will act as the liaison between GE Aviation and the customer. Providing feedback and technical guidance to assist airline customers in the resolution of in-service technical problems and issues while improving reliability.
- Serve as the primary GE on-site or mobile representative
- Provide program leadership, technical direction, and assistance to the customer, user, and other GE field personnel in the operation, inspection, maintenance, and repair of assigned product lines
- Perform duties for all assigned GE product lines and assist the customer with technical understanding of the operation, maintenance, and trouble-shooting of multiple types of GE products
- Review effectiveness of maintenance actions, to apply Six Sigma analytical tools to assist the customer with proactive reliability and management
- Assist customer with improving reliability and reducing cost of ownership
- Provide single point of contact to the customer, customer team, and all other stakeholders
- Assist the factory with data collection and timely reporting to facilitate fleet performance analysis
- Assist the customer with engine removal planning and forecasting
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED
with a minimum of 4 years of experience in a field service or maintenance position)
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a field services or maintenance position
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Proven analytical and quality improvement ability
- Demonstrated proficiency in repair troubleshooting, shop operations, and testing of assigned programs / hardware
- Ability to make formal presentations to all audiences
Ability to work with all levels of maintenance, engineering and management
- Project management or supervisory experience is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence GE customer and peers
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. Apply
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
- Full time
Posted 17 Oct 2019
Closes 15 Nov 2019
This job was posted to: Project manager