Lead Engineer - Customer Application Engineering
- GE Aviation - 300 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Subang Avenue, Selangor, Malaysia
The role of Lead Engineer - Strategic Propulsion Engineer (SPE) is to lead and support technical efforts that improve CSA productivity, site prod. & T&M competitiveness by reducing shop visit costs and turn times, & improving engine Time On Wing (TOW) & customer satisfaction. This role will focus on LEAP and will be expected to take leadership horizontally across product lines and work on business priorities beyond the product line assigned.
In this role, you will interface with organizations such as the Engineering Departments, Commercial Engines Operations (CEO), Services, CSA Operations, Customer & Product Support Organization (C&PSO) and Sales & Marketing based on business need.
• Participate in Customer Program Manager (CPM) and Field Service Engineer (FSE) reviews of potential engine removals by highlighting opportunities (e.g use of on-wing support)
• Participate in all pre-induction and gate reviews for assigned contract to assure all technical workscope options are being considered
• Work with shop & Fleet Engineer (aka PSE) and lead opportunities to recover scrap Apply's & salvage reviews, new repair definitions, manual updates... drive closure
• Working with Fleet Engineer and CPM's, identify opportunities in Workscope planning Guides & Customer Repair Specifications to optimize workscopes
• Lead shop activities and metrics to mitigate workscope escalations
• Negotiate repair specifications with Customized Service Agreements (CSA) customers
• Facilitate repair NPI as requested
• Conduct New Product/Process Introduction (NPI) (Example : New Bearing Cleaning Room, HPC Vane Removal Tool, Core rotor extraction tool/process) to increase site capacity & Reduce Turn Around Time (TAT)
• Conduct onsite training to "stand-up" GE network MRO's
• Coordinate on-site Maintenance Cost Review Board (MCRB), Black Belts (BB) and headquarters to improve CSA productivity & Time & Material (T&M) competitiveness
• Work with onsite Power Plant Engineers (PPE's) to mitigate work stoppages
• Identify need for technical and program reviews within the organization
• Lead / participate technical reviews
• Monitor and communicate project status, business issues and significant developments as appropriate.
• Drive change by demonstrating clear thinking, articulate roles & responsibilities, manage hand-offs between different organizations.
• Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
• Formulate and implement plans to achieve technical and program requirements, schedules and customer commitments.
• Foster and inspire a collaborative work style and display team-oriented behaviour with a proactive example of communication internally and externally
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
• Minimum of 4-6 years of experience in Aviation Engines/Systems/Aircraft or Turbo Machinery Engineering position (design, analysis, systems, services)
• In-depth understanding of engineering technology and tools
• Strong engineering problem solving capabilities
• Strong project management skills including cross-functional coordination of activities
• Navigates ambiguity while naturally challenging the normal paradigms of doing business in a creative, healthy and inventive way. Balances risk/reward with an investment mentality
• Provide 24X7 support on need basis to local MRO shop
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization both internally and externally
• Ability and willingness to travel as required
• Master's Degree/Ph.D in Engineering
• MRO Shop or Airline Shop Experience will be added advantage
• Previous experience in a product or customer support role or hardware design or services contract experience
• Demonstrated leadership in advancing the state of the art in a technical specialty
• Process focused with the ability to assess and improve processes and work on methods
• Ability to effectively manage multiple project responsibilities
• Familiarity with aircraft flight operations
• Lean Six Sigma - Green Belt or Black Belt or Master Black Belt
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
The Services Engineering(SE) organization in GE Aviation will provide systems leadership on commer
- Full time
Posted 16 Oct 2019
Closes 14 Nov 2019
This job was posted to: Project manager