- GE Aviation - 297 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England
To assist the Site Security Manager in all matters pertaining to security across the Cheltenham Campus ensuring that GE Aviation Systems comply with Government and Company Security regulations.
To ensure that the above- mentioned site maintain their 'List X' status or Restricted Accreditation and that both Government, Company and Commercial interests are protected.
- To deputise for the Site Security Manager.
- Be the first point of contact to respond to on-site security matters.
- Security Awareness.
- Maintain and update the Security intranet page with any changes to policies and procedures, ensure security literature for the control of data, facilities, staff and visitors is up to date and written in accordance with the HMG Security Policy Framework (SPF) and Company security requirements.
- Support the Site Security Manager in raising awareness across the business of the latest security legislation and requirements through Induction Training, security briefings, newsletter articles and training sessions where required.
- Security Vetting - Point of Contact for Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) and United Kingdom Security Vetting (UKSV)
Responsible for the administration of security vetting for the UK Aviation business to include new applications, transfers and upgrades, working with UKSV, GE Employee Services, Sub-contract providers and HR Representatives across the business maintaining good relationship through communication and developing efficiencies where possible.
- The first point of contact and sponsor for vendors providing background checking services.
- Responsible for advising HR and Recruitment Contractors on any changes to security vetting policies and requirements. Working with these areas to form a strong working partnership to provide a smooth workflow between departments and a holistic overview.
- Visits - International Visits Co-ordination Office (IVCO)
Process Visitor Management System requests and IVCO applications; ensure the best possible workflow between GE, IVCO and other Government departments as necessary.
- Security Guard Force, Reception and Mail Room.
Provide support and guidance to the guard force, reception and mail room contractors on the control of visitors, physical security matters, i.e., alarm systems, security furniture, risks of attack and accreditations such as known Consignor, List X and AEO.
- Government Security Advisor (GSA)
The second approved point of contact to work with the Government Security Advisor. Working with the Security Controller to further develop a good working relationship with the Government Security Advisor.
- Support the Site Security Manager in ensuring that the business is compliant with HMG requirements assisting with internal and external security audits as required to ensure security measures are tested and compliant.
- Day-to-Day Activities in the Security Office
- Security administration and day to day running of the Security Office
- Monitor and control the 'Access Control' system and records for staff and contractors / Non-GE workforce, ensuring the contractors undertaking the tasks are provided the appropriate site badges with photographs as required.
- SSS - responsible for raising SSS for the department (indirect sourcing).
- Conduct regular audits and musters of classified material and manage the database of classified information.
- Complete BPSS clearances for contingent workers and contractors, across the UK Aviation business.
- Support the contract management requirements to include Security Aspects Letters, considering ITAR and Export requirements supported by the Export/Legal/Compliance Depts.
- Manage the use of cameras and recording devices on site in accordance with policy.
- Support the business with site-based Investigations.
- Required to demonstrate good security practices, setting a good example to the business with the highest levels of integrity.
- Any other reasonable duties as required to meet the needs of the department and business.
- Must be able to work under pressure and prioritises workload to meet the needs of the business.
- Pro-active attitude and ability to work on own initiative.
- Must be discreet, trustworthy and reliable.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels both internally and externally.
- Positive Disposition.
- Strong administration skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Experience of working in an Global matrix organisation would be advantageous.
- Additional training will be available, internal and ext
- Full time
Posted 9 Oct 2019
Closes 7 Nov 2019
This job was posted to: Airport security
Recommended, similar jobs
Hyderabad Colony, Uttar Pradesh, India