Mechanical Maintenance Technician - GE Additive
- GE Aviation - 297 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Westchester, California, United States
This position will be responsible for the daily execution of assigned tasks and projects. This individual will be self-directed working within defined parameters and work plans to meet day-to-day and short-term objectives.
- Maintain and repair all facilities and mechanical equipment throughout the plant, including hoists, cranes, pumps, tanks, air, water, and exhaust systems, etc.
- Install or rearrange machine tools and equipment
- Fabricate, buildup and erect test facility and related equipment
- Maintain and repair all plumbing and piping systems throughout the plant
- Support facility and maintenance needs through sheet metal and ductwork and provide complicated rigging
- Operate a variety of machines, sheet metal tools, and hand tools, including touch-up painting and incidental work with wood as required
- Work from blueprints, sketches or verbal instructions
- Maintain records and perform related duties
- High School Diploma / GED
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in mechanical maintenance field in a manufacturing / engineering facility (Including pipe fitting experience with low- and high-pressure piping systems; Rigging and installing machines experience)
- Must be certified welder (MIG and TIG)
- Manufacturing experience in a process engineering environment
- Experience in one or more of the following process technologies:
- general machine and tooling operation
- hand benching
- quality inspection
- and basic troubleshooting
- Facility maintenance experience such as installing or rearranging machine tools and equipment; fabricating and erecting all types of steel structures or installing and maintaining low and high-pressure piping systems
- Must read blueprints and be self-directed
- Must have experience in pipe fitting and plumbing using multiple types of equipment and welders, MIG and TIG required
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're
passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come. Learn More about GE
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
United States;Ohio;West Chester;
- Full time
Posted 2 Oct 2019
Closes 31 Oct 2019
This job was posted to: Maintenance manager