Tools Software Engineer
- GE Aviation - 295 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Querétaro Arteaga, Mexico
Executes design, development, validation and/or verification of software products, systems and/or sub-components in the Aviation Industry in a global Software Engineering organization in a cross-functional, multicultural environment.
1. Execute, with minimal guidance, the analysis, design, test and/or integration related to assigned components, assemblies or process systems that meet business standards, practices, and procedures, and meet the product/program requirements.
2. Work within the guidelines of applicable GE Policies and Procedures, Engineering Standards, Design Customer Operating Procedures, Specifications, Government and Commercial Standards, and special security requirements.
3. Provide technical guidance to other personnel and assigned teams; mentor others in the organization.
4. Document technical data generated to substantiate the assigned components, assemblies and/or systems consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
5. Monitor and communicate project status, business issues, and significant developments.
6. Participate as a presenter in technical and program reviews
7. Lead the solution of complex technical problems
8. Utilize Six Sigma tools to improve current business products and processes. Document successful Six Sigma projects via Green Belt reports and/or presentations.
9. Concurrently work on multiple projects, monitoring progress and quality, and ensuring schedule requirements are met.
10. Check own and other people's work
11. Demonstrate technical expertise in the position
12. Implement innovative analysis design, development concepts, or process and system solutions.
13. Conduct assessments and develop action plans to anticipate and respond to problems
14. Participate in organizational efforts in design, analysis, test and manufacturing technology, quality, productivity, and other initiatives.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Solid contribution in a similar role or previous position
• English skills: Must be able to maintain a simple conversation in English. For more information, consult the HR English Evaluations document located in Support Central.
• Presentation Skills: Ability to communicate with Senior Leadership.
• Demonstrated ability in managing own projects
• Strong problem-solving skills with guidance
• Strong technical skills using OOP.
• Experience developing software on C#, C++ and Python.
• Experience using different software testing techniques.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Project Management methodology.
• Experience in working with agile development techniques, having a flexible and open attitude, and continuous improvement mindset.
• Experience in data analytics.
• Experience with avionics protocols (A429, A664, A825).
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. Apply
- Full time
Posted 13 Sep 2019
Closes 13 Oct 2019
This job was posted to: Software engineer