Lead Lean Manufacturing Specialist
- GE Aviation - 297 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Rutland, Illinois, United States
As part of the Lean Organization in Rutland, the Lead Lean Manufacturing Specialist supports assigned Business units in Lean Transformation, driving ownership through the Operations team.
The Lead Lean Manufacturing Specialist will guide Operations team through beginning stages of the plant's Lean journey, providing ongoing teaching and coaching of lean principles and practices while driving ownership and adoption through the Operations team.
- Actively coaches the Lean Transformation in Rutland, including (but not limited to):
- Facilitates teams through week long Rapid Improvement Events (Kaizen Events)
- Coaches value stream leadership through lean leadership skills and A3 thinking as needed to meet value stream strategies
- Coaches value stream leadership through event cycles (preparation, execution, and sustainment)
- Models lean leadership behaviors
- Coaches Gemba Walks to ensure leaders are actively engaged and modeling appropriate lean leadership behaviors
- Manages hourly Lean Team Members which includes team development and execution of value stream activities
- Coaches hourly Team Leaders and Flow Leaders on Operations team to ensure lean leadership development and sustainment of improvements
- Needs to be flexible to provide support to off-shift team as needed by value stream activities
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (Or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Manufacturing)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Manufacturing, Operations and/or Training
- Ability to be flexible to provide support to off-shift team as needed by value stream activities
- Manufacturing and Lean Six Sigma training or equivalent training
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong facilitation and coaching skills in a manufacturing environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple priorities under tight deadlines
- Worked within or implemented the Simpler Business System (SBS) which could include the following certifications: Bronze, Silver, Gold, or Platinum
- Worked within or implemented the Toyota Production System (TPS)
- Worked within or implemented Danaher Business System (DBS)
- Involved in the beginning stages of a lean transformation (0-3 years of the organization's journey)
GE Aviation Rutland Operations is a parts producer for over 100 Commercial Airlines as well as US & Foreign Military. We are a highly motivated, committed team of 1500 employees at three sites responsible for producing blades and vanes through vertically integrated manufacturing. Utilizing Six Sigma Tools and Lean manufacturing are two of the ways we add value to our customers with excellent quality. We have been located in scenic South Central Vermont for over 50 years. There is always something going on in Rutland, from craft fairs to fall festivals and winter activities such as skiing & snow shoeing. New England and outdoor living abound! Come see why we love Rutland!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're
passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions
- Full time
Posted 13 Sep 2019
Closes 12 Oct 2019
This job was posted to: Project manager