Prototype Design & Development Engineer
- GE Aviation - 297 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England
assist in the construction and design for prototype, demonstrator, experimental item assembly using various materials, parts and techniques
3D printing, laser cutting, and laser scanning.
working with the qualification and engineering labs and manufacturing to support investigations and product enhancements
Prototype PCB rework and wiring looms and harnesses.
liaise with equipment suppliers/procurement/manufacturing to ensure cost effective and timely supply
You will be a self-motivated team player with strong communication and influencing skills.
Ideally you will be educated to HNC/HND /Degree standard in a relevant discipline, Electronics or machining with demonstrable experience within a manufacturing / engineering environment.
The role will require a hands-on approach, so candidates will need to demonstrate:
- A basic knowledge of electronics, a basic knowledge of mechanical design
- use of test rigs and associated test electrical/electronic equipment
- strong organisational skills
- the ability to interpret and create assembly & test instructions
- problem solving tools and techniques
- clear documentation skills
- familiarity with Requirements Management
- interdepartmental liaison skills
- Aware of and be prepared to be trained for WDS, SSS, Windchill, Visio and TIPQA.
- Confident in the use of MS Office suite.
- Drive to work towards an HNC/HND/Degree or equivalent qualification.
- Aware of export compliance processes and be able to tag items and data.
- Must be able to work on both commercial and military programs.
- working with the lab members, from the accelerator, qualification and engineering labs and manufacturing to support investigations and product enhancements Prototype PCB rework and wiring looms and harnesses.
- liaise with equipment suppliers/procurement/manufacturing to ensure cost effective and timely supply
- A drive to work towards an HNC/HND/Degree or equivalent qualification.
- You will be a self-motivated team player with strong communication and influencing skills.
- Ideally you will be educated to HNC/HND /Degree standard in a relevant discipline, Electronics or machining with demonstrable experience within a manufacturing / engineering environment.
- Knowledge of Siemens Software 12, SolidWorks, Catia, Slicer, CorelDraw.
- Experience of harness work and PCB development - Design Spark, EasyPC, Mentor Graphics.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http:// Applyba.homeoffice. Apply/visas-immigration/working
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
- Able to communicate at all levels i.e. Senior Management, Engineering, Manufacturing, external suppliers, customers and Lab Team.
- Self-managing all tasks in a creative flexible, collaborative and proactive way with proven competency.
- Adaptable technical skills for future development of the lab.
- Comfortable working and contributing into a rapid, experimental, development, prototype environment.
- Prepared to walk the system to ensure rapid task delivery, coving other job rolls where appropriate.
- Proven ability to deliver complex tasks with minimal management support.
- Flexibility and ability to deliver under tight time scales. Able to multitask, prioritise and deliver with integrity and accountability.
- Ensure the lab operates within an iterative "Fastworks" mentality i.e. evaluate previous performance, and propose changes to the lab operation, when consensus is reached implement the changes and evaluate performance.
The NPI Accelerator Lab builds prototype product, and builds manufacturing aids and assembly aids to support the rest of the business.
using additive manufacturing - 3D printing in a range of materials
- Full time
Posted 13 Sep 2019
Closes 12 Oct 2019
This job was posted to: Product support