Skilled Machinist - Gate 3
- GE Aviation - 298 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Prestwick, South Ayrshire, Scotland
Reporting to the Gate 3 Production Cell Leader in Gate 3 Product Support. The ability to machine precision aircraft engine components for engine overhaul, assembly, and test. Work unsupervised while maintaining a safe working environment and producing high quality components.
- Machining of aircraft engine components to fine tolerance limits.
- Ability to work with a variety of machine tools, including turning, milling, vertical boring and grinding.
- Ability to operate CNC machine tools, programming experience is preferable but not essential.
- Familiar with engineering drawings and OEM technical manuals.
- Use of measuring equipment and be able to inspect engine components.
- PC work including working with OEM manuals.
- Mechanical Engineering apprenticeship/qualification essential.
- Proven experience of working in a Machine Shop environment.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http:// Applyba.homeoffice. Apply/visas-immigration/working
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
- All duties shall be performed in a safe manner in accordance with GE EH&S policy and procedures.
- All staff are expected to follow company Quality procedures and to comply with aero industry standards.
- All staff are expected to display a mature and positive attitude.
- All staff are expected to carry out any other tasks as may be reasonably requested by supervisor/management.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. Apply
GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
Employment decisions are made without regard to disability, race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age or any other characteristics protected by law.
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
Follow us on Twitter , join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what's happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog .
- Full time
Posted 12 Sep 2019
Closes 11 Oct 2019
This job was posted to: Tooling