Operations Support - Paint Shop
- GE Aviation - 296 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cardiff (Caerdydd), Wales
We are hiring an operations support role within the Paint Shop to enable the growth of the sites key components such as Fan Cases, Fan Mid Shafts and Fan Blades.
The paint shop team carry out tasks on components within the Component Repair Wales (CRW) team.
Tasks include preparing, masking and painting a wide variety of components.
This team conducts paint work on Fan Mid Shafts which is globally unique to the Wales shop.
- Working with a large team conducting work end to end on engine components
- Preparing a wide variety of engine components within a safety critical environment
- Masking a wide variety of engine components within a safety critical environment
- Painting a wide variety of engine components within a safety critical environment
- Work as part of a team in busy industrial environment
- Interact with other team members on all aspects of work.
- Knowledge and understanding of EH&S Procedures.
- Consistent in working in a safe manner
- Knowledge and understanding of Quality procedures
- Flexible working between different processes.
- Allocate work priorities throughout department
- Assist in Annual and Customer Audits
- Use various computer systems - SAP
There will be a requirement to work a shift pattern this may include Days/ Afternoons and weekend work or a permanent night shift (allowance applies).
- Prior industrial paint experience is essential
- Previous paint experience can come from a broad spectrum of backgrounds including but not limited to the motor or other aviation industries.
- Previous masking experience is essential
- Previous experience of using and interpreting a manual
- Must have a key attention to detail
- Experience of working towards tight deadlines
- Knowledge of Lean Principles and how they apply to the workplace
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http:// Applyba.homeoffice. Apply/visas-immigration/working
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
- Experience of working in an Aviation Engineering facility would be advantageous
- Experience of using SAP
- Excellent communication skills,
- Previous experience of working in a large, diverse team
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. Apply
GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
Employment decisions are made without regard to disability, race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age or any other characteristics protected by law.
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-th
- Full time
Posted 12 Sep 2019
Closes 11 Oct 2019
This job was posted to: Product support