Accounting Operations Analyst
- GE Aviation - 295 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Westchester, California, United States
The Accounting Operations Analyst role is focused on ensuring the preparation and reporting of timely, high quality and accurate financial reporting information. This role is closely tied to key finance and operational stakeholders in the Aviation business.
- Support and sometimes lead the closing and reporting of different ledgers
- Lead or provide input to balance sheet reviews, including pre-close and deep dives
- Support and sometimes lead simplification initiatives
- Development and/or support of digital tools to improve data collection, reporting, and processing of Accounting and Operational Activities
- Understand and interpret applicable Enterprise Standards, SOPs and Process Maps
- Ad-hoc research and projects to support business needs, including timely resolution of issues
- Responsible for ensuring alignment to GAAP and GE policies throughout the accounting process
- Support FP&A counterparts for accessing and understanding data needed for commercial forecasts
- Assist and sometimes lead global project teams working on strategic functional or crossfunctional initiatives
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited college or university with a minimum of 2 years experience
- High School diploma / GED with a minimum of 6 years of experience
- Working knowledge of key ERP's, either Oracle or SAP
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and present financial data
- Knowledge of General Accepted Accounting Principles
- Effective interpersonal skills and highly professional style when dealing with business clients, including both oral and written communication
- Orientation towards process improvement
- Analytical skills
- Detail-oriented and project management skills
- Ability to anticipate, communicate, report and resolve challenges
- Flexible approach with a strong team spirit
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come. Learn More about GE
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
- Full time
Posted 11 Sep 2019
Closes 10 Oct 2019
This job was posted to: Airline finance