Lufthansa Group Duty Manager Ground Operations (M/F)
- Lufthansa - 155 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/lufthansa/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/253c86a5-69a7-460d-887a-c091b0a3d853131305099052685562.png
During his/her shift, the Duty Manager creates a welcoming atmosphere, warm hospitality and personal touch at all points of customer contact with special attention to premium customers, and strives for consistent service improvement. He/she strives that the expectations of all Lufthansa Group customers are met or exceeded.
During his/or her shift and dependent on the assignment focus, the Duty Manager is responsible for but not limited to:
Customer Centricity and Service
- Establishing relationships with premium customers and facilitating the recognition of top customers (Lufthansa Group in discussion).
- Acting as customer care ambassador if assigned by Station Manager.
- Making sure that the product philosophy and core values are known and lived by all internal and external members of staff and that personalized service concepts are intensified.
- Checking that the appearance and attitude of all personnel corresponds to standards.
- Conducting daily flight briefings with personnel where feasible.
- Being present frontline, wearing a Lufthansa Group uniform, and monitoring performance of all suppliers involved.
- Contributing proactively to the development and modification of procedures, respecting defined carrier's rules and regulations.
- Steering, monitoring and troubleshooting all station related processes (e.g. flight editing, meal orders, crew dispos, signage and branding, etc.) and handling of special interests (e.g. UM, AVIH, DGR, MEDA, SEAL, etc).
- Collaborating with the Station Manager in establishing handling processes for alternate airports.
- Collaborating with the Station Manager in mitigating conflicts of interest arising during irregular operations when considering customer orientation, revenue awareness and safety responsibility.
- Managing and coordinating fast recovery measures after irregular operations.
- Maintaining communication channels with all relevant stakeholders in irregular situations.
- Collaborating with the Station Manager in planning and ensuring special flights or flight series (e.g. government flights, VIP, sports charters, etc.), and any special events with a high commercial or media impact are handled seamlessly.
Quality, Provider and Performance Management
- Fostering quality awareness and high service attitude in daily work.
- Intervening in case of shortcomings and ensuring that service basics are adhered to by all providers.
Administrative and Commercial Processes
- Collaborating with the Station Manager in the general organization of the station, including but not limited to IT, system accesses, accounting, filing, training, database and reporting tools.
- Coordinating logistical support of audits by carriers and respective authorities, and ensuring that implemented corrections are adhered to.
- Monitoring catering, VDB/DBC, SOKO processes while ensuring that these, as well as baggage delivery and hotels in case of irregularities, are optimized to avoid extra expenses.
- Checking carrier's invoices and initiating and requesting any possible corrections and credits (if delegated).
- Deputizing the Station Manager in all station matters if so delegated.
Safety / Security / Emergency Response
- Applying and maintaining the Safety Management System (SMS) in his area of competence and responsibility and that it is performing according to the requirements.
- Maintaining all local instructions and system databases.
- Supervising the adherence to and proper documentation of surveillance checks. If involved in surveillance checks the respective qualification according to the operator's manuals is required.
- Maintaining the local SERP and assuming the role of the Emergency Response Coordinator (if assigned by the Station Manager).
- Following Safety Management System requirements of the respective operators.
- Actively promotes an open Safety Culture among internal and external counterparts.
People Management and HR
- Having functional authority over the Lufthansa Group and supplier staff members.
- Preparing the duty plan and daily duty roster, if
- Full time
Posted 10 Sep 2019
Closes 10 Oct 2019
This job was posted to: Ground crew