Maintenance / Service Engineer
- GE Aviation - 295 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England
This role encompasses all engineering disciplines with exposure to various mechanical systems, electrical systems, electronic systems, products, and technologies.
The Test Systems Support Engineer provides through-life technical support for those test systems used in the manufacture, engineering, systems testing, and qualification of aviation products and components. The role will maintain test equipment to optimise unit test yields and rates to satisfy the needs of the business.
Known internally as Test Systems Support Technicians, the role will be responsible for investigating and resolving failures on Test Systems. Working in engineering and production environments, the engineer will be capable of diagnosing mechanical, electrical, and electronic failures, also identifying design changes for improved reliability and performance.
The role requires a close working relationship with the engineering team, handling of multiple tasks and the ability to respond to changing priorities whilst still delivering against task completion commitments.
There will be a requirement to support Test Equipment out side of normal working hours or during Manufacturing Cell shift patterns.
The ability to be flexible across multiple skills and responsibilities is important and essential in an ever changing business environment.
Key Activities are:
- Respond to test equipment failures through the business 'failure' workflow ticket system.
- Conduct technical investigations on equipment failures
- Prepare failure reports to inform the business stakeholders
- Support root cause analysis (FRACAS) with the Engineering team
- Procure and manage replacement and spare parts
- Create and share preventative maintenance plans with the Engineering Team and the business stakeholders
- Work with outsource suppliers to support preventative and reactive maintenance activities
- Support process and material cost reduction initiatives
- Maintain compliance in accordance to mandatory regulations, and company processes
- Identify design improvements and work closely with the engineering team to implement them
- Support design and change reviews
- Support the verification and reviews of new equipment going into service to ensure it is fit for purpose
- Degree in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science from an accredited college or university (OR a High School Diploma or equivalent knowledge/ GED with strong experience in an engineering, IT, scientific or other technical position)
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Knowledge of electrical and electronic hardware designs
- An understanding of real-time software and programming tools
- Experience of working in a similar role and environment, not limited to aerospace. E.g. Automotive and rail
- Support technical and program reviews
- Manage maintenance tasks
- Team player, supporting and collaborating with others to achieve business milestones
- Communicate information to seniors, stakeholders, and peers in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Good planning and organisational skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Experience of all Microsoft office tools
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global
- Full time
Posted 9 Sep 2019
Closes 8 Oct 2019
This job was posted to: Maintenance manager