- GE Aviation - 296 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Quality technician is responsible for ensuring compliance to quality management system requirements.
- Approve incoming materials by confirming compliance to specifications, conducting visual examination, collecting samples, or rejecting and quarantining unacceptable materials.
- Review production runs for compliance. Verify production data for conformance and compliance to key characteristics.
• Ensure all production and analytical data entry is complete.
- Inspect in-process and finished products and support material release processes or initiate non-conformance documentation.
- Generate certificates of test for products
- Perform basic quality tasks such as process/product audits, data compilation, record keeping, and report generation.
- Participate in internal quality auditing
- Candidate must be able to work independently and in a team environment; this person will interface with the quality control team and the manufacturing plant
- Follow through on any tasks, assignments or projects that management assigns.
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Work overtime, weekends and holidays, as required
- Collect and report quality metrics to management
- High School diploma with 3+ years of experience as quality control technician
- Must be able to work a 12-hour schedule on days or nights
- Ability to communicate well individually and in team atmosphere
- Good analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Good verbal and writing skills
- Strong data collection and analysis skills
- Able to perform minor trouble shooting on non-compliances
- Attention to detail
• Experienced in the use of ERP software applications
- Track fall back issues in area and work with operations/quality on reduction effort
- Create and maintain operational documentation for area. Cross-train other employees on duties.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. Apply
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Full time
Posted 9 Sep 2019
Closes 8 Oct 2019
This job was posted to: Quality control