Senior Field Support Engineer - Fleet Management
- GE Aviation - 297 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Seoul, South Korea
Senior Field Support Engineer provide leadership, technical direction, and assistance to the customer, and other field personnel in the operation, inspection, maintenance, and repair of assigned product lines. Interface with all levels of customer. Provide on-site assessment of activities to anticipate problems, trends, and customer climate change. Provide complete reporting of the engine programs, customer problems, failures, trends, and climate and report to Senior Manager, Fleet Management
In addition, the Senior Field Support Engineer will:
- Serve as an expert in proper operation, maintenance, and trouble-shooting multiple types of commercial aircraft engines and ground support equipment, including the use and proper interpretation of data and technical instructions
- Provide senior counsel regarding decisions affecting time on wing, engine removals, and overall fleet management.
- Develop, coach, and mentor assigned Field Service Engineers in product knowledge, problem solving, and customer relationship management.
- Provide communication to the business regarding all engine involved activities/problems through complete, accurate, and timely reports. Reporting also includes significant marketing intelligence and sales opportunities for both engines and support.
- Assist the customer in scheduling maintenance and workload to ensure assets are available to meet schedules.
- Review, analyze, report, and make recommendations regarding reported engine malfunctions to ensure a continuous reduction of disruptions for customers.
- Analyze and make recommendations regarding required maintenance to ensure alignment with customer requirements.
- Review effectiveness of maintenance actions in order to identify training needs.
- Maintain awareness of program and project changes.
- Provide customer insight and training as necessary for future product line support.
- Utilize data and analytics to influence positive outcomes for customers.
- Communicate with all levels of customer personnel to ensure effective support of the product.
- Support Commercial Field Service process improvements as required.
- Bachelor's degree with engineering major from an accredited university or college
- (or a high school diploma/GED with at least 4 years of experience in a field service or maintenance position)
- At least 5 additional years of experience in an engineering, operations, or aviation maintenance position
- Fluent in English
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Significant experience with customers from aviation/power/manufacturing industry.
- At least 8 years of experience in an engineering, operations, or aviation maintenance position
- Certified Six Sigma Black Belt
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated analytical and quality improvement ability
- Able to work with all levels of maintenance, engineering, and management
- Demonstrated ability to lead, mentor and influence customer and peers
- Ability to work across global teams
- Fluent in Korean
- Significant experience with customers and airline or corporate jet operations.
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
Korea, Republic of;Gimpo;
- Full time
Posted 8 Sep 2019
Closes 7 Oct 2019
This job was posted to: Product support