On Wing Support Technician
- GE Aviation - 296 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Grand Prairie, Illinois, United States
The On Wing Support Technician will provide quick-turn aircraft engine maintenance, repair and field services. In the On Wing Support Technician role, you will provide engine troubleshooting, field repairs, and line maintenance while developing positive relationships with customers through outstanding customer awareness.
In addition, as the On Wing Support Technician, you will :
- Take ownership for and follow through on full scope of work tasks and projects
- Inform and Focus the needs of customers
- Build customer relationships through good communication skills and understanding of customer perspectives
- High School Diploma / GED
- Minimum of 6 months of experience in repair of large commercial engines
- Federal Airframe and Power plant Mechanic (A&P) license
- Ability and willingness to travel on short notice to domestic and international air locations of large commercial engines, as required
- Approach work with a "can-do" attitude and a sense of commitment to both team and customer objectives
- Prior Co-op or internship experience within GE On Wing Support
- Strong communication skills and problem solving ability are a must
- Possess a desire to learn and grow with advances in technology
- LEAP, GE90, CFM, CF6, CF34, and GENX experience
- Line maintenance, engine changes, module removal & installation, or LRU removals and installations
- Level II NDT (FPI, Ultra Sound) experience
- Demonstrated quality, compliance and customer satisfaction skills
- NDT Level II Experience in Ultrasonic, Eddy Current, and Fluorescent Penetrant Inspection
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're
passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come. Learn More about GE
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
United States;Texas;Grand Prairie, Arlington, Dallas, Fort Worth;
- Full time
Posted 8 Sep 2019
Closes 7 Oct 2019
This job was posted to: Airline IT