Cargo Ramp Agent
- Swissport International Ltd - 22 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/swissport-international-ltd/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/5413f867-a31b-48b1-ac21-d6783528bd86131303290640978348.png
This role is for Full time Permanent Nights @ £8.62 per hour plus night shift supplement of £72.76 a month
You will be provided a uniform which you will be required to wear to the company standard.
You will be entitled to holiday which will be accrued at approximately 14 hours per month and can be taken on application and subject to availability only.
Any holiday not taken will be paid at the end of the contract.
You will be paid monthly with any additional hours and deductions being applied a month in arrears.
Overtime is applicable at a rate of 1.25 times your hourly salary once you have exceeded 37.5 hrs. per week calculated over a monthly period.
You will be provided car parking at Swissport cost.
Ramp Agents provide the necessary under-wing ground support services to aircraft as required by our customer airlines. This includes (but not be limited) to the loading and unloading of baggage and cargo and mail, sorting and transporting baggage to and from the aircraft and the operation of specialist ground servicing equipment .
The following responsibilities are associated with this job role:
- Unload air cargo and mail, bulk and/or containers/pallets, onto carts and/or dollies
- Deliver air cargo to appropriate recipient
- Provide special handling of cargo/mail as required
- Placement of chocks and cones around the aircraft
- Drive and/or operate ground support equipment which may include cargo tugs, cargo carts, aircraft steps, belt loaders, aircraft ground power units, tow bars, container loaders, water/lavatory service trucks, aircraft de-icing units, cargo dollies and passenger vans.
- Collect and load live animals and dangerous goods on onto aircraft
- Report all equipment malfunctions to the appropriate supervisor/manager
- Comply with all UK/Ireland/EU legislation as well as airport authority and carrier security requirements
- Comply with Swissport Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's)
- Maintain the highest standards of safety and security at all time
- Other duties as assigned
- Full time
Posted 6 Sep 2019
Closes 6 Oct 2019
This job was posted to: Ramp agent