Production Supervisor - Calibration
- GE Aviation - 296 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Lynn, Alabama, United States
The Production Supervisor - Calibration will be responsible for day to day leadership of a team of gauge inspectors servicing the onsite calibration needs of the Lynn Component Manufacturing (LCM) organization. In the Production Supervisor - Calibration role, you will coordinate the effective and timely execution of gauge calibration and supervise the direct hourly gauge inspectors performing calibration on site.
- Lead gauge inspectors in safe, compliant and timely execution of calibration services
- Coordinate priorities for calibration services with Lynn Component Manufacturing (LCM) Business Leaders and Plant Leaders to integrate with production demand
- Distribute calibration workload across available resources for best utilization and turnaround time
- Plan, communicate and coordinate labor requirements for calibration services
- Coach and coordinate training on calibration skills for gauge inspectors to ensure continued and ongoing capability and capacity of onsite calibration services
- Coordinate with Planners for procurement of outside calibration services, inventory management and inspection methods / process improvement
- Coordinate with Metrology Engineer for identification, development and implementation of new technology and improved calibration equipment
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Manufacturing)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a Direct Supervision Role
- Experience working in a metals machining and/or manufacturing environment
- Experience using and/or calibrating measurement tools and equipment
- Experience managing employees in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to coordinate and reconcile competing priorities from multiple sources
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Full time
Posted 5 Sep 2019
Closes 4 Oct 2019
This job was posted to: Project manager