Internship Pricing and Steering Revenue Management
- Lufthansa - 145 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/lufthansa/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/253c86a5-69a7-460d-887a-c091b0a3d853131305099052685562.png
Are you curious, dynamic and eager for new challenges in a multinational corporation? Do you want to play an active role in shaping the Lufthansa Group HUB Airlines price products with your innovative ideas and drive? Colleagues from more than 30 different countries and cultures all over the world are the icing on the cake for you? Then become part of our team!
We are looking for you as an intern (m/f/d) in pricing to complement our team for Revenue Management and Distribution at Deutsche Lufthansa AG in Frankfurt am Main.
We, i.e. more than 100 colleagues at our locations in Frankfurt, Vienna and Zurich, are involved in the development of new and improvement of existing price products for all Lufthansa Group airlines (Austrian Airlines, Lufthansa, SWISS) and its joint venture partners (amongst others ANA All Nippon Airlines, Air Canada, United, Air China) worldwide.
In addition, we are responsible for pricing and definition of availability and pricing strategies with the aim of ensuring that each individual customer receives the right product at the right time and with the most suitable price for their willingness to pay. A price sales function can't rattle you so easily? Excellent- because by using and constantly developing a wide variety of methods and tools we maximize the total revenue of Lufthansa Group and its joint venture partners. Digitization and big data are no longer only the talk of the town - you should help us not only to use great words, but also to find reliable arguments and bases of decision-making. Moreover, if you use one or the other hotkey to make your workday not only efficient but also dynamic, then this will help us all move forward, because we also would like to learn something from you!
Are you interested in revenue management and can you explain terms like price elasticity, willingness to pay, vertical and horizontal upsell and bid price blindfolded? Join us and become an active part in our team, and support us in ensuring competitive prices and fare conditions of all Lufthansa Group HUB Airlines and Joint Venture Partner's products. In addition, you will learn about ideal availability control strategies of the price offer.
During your internship you will become part of one of our teams based in Frankfurt am Main and get an insight into the strategic and operational Revenue Management functions. At the same time, we are looking for you to strengthen our team, because with your spirit, personal point of view and impulses you will enrich us and accompany us on our journey into a new and exciting age of revenue management!
As part of our team, your tasks include the following:
- Support in maximizing revenues, taking into account willingness to pay, opportunity and displacement costs
- Support in development and definition of price- and offer- strategies as well as price portfolios for certain customer groups, such as business or private travelers, corporate customers, tour operators or individual distribution channels,
- Cntinuous monitoring and analysis of market and revenue trends
- Further development of revenue management- methods, -tools, -processes, -price concepts and analysis tools for revenue maximization
- Support internal and cross-divisional projects
- Implementation of profitability analyses and simulations
- Close cooperation and exchange with interfaces within Lufthansa Group Revenue Management, Sales and Distribution and the partner airlines
- Support in developing decision-making basis for our management
- At the time of the internship at least in 3rd semester in economics or comparable field of study like Tourism Management, Aviation Management etc.
- Enrolled during the entire period of the internship or internship between the Bachelor and Master program (Gap Year), more information you can find here:
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Very high analytical skills, technical understanding of IT systems
- Assertiveness, argumentation- and negotiation- skills
- Eloquence and team player skills
- Project management experience is of advantage
- Very high degree of flexibility, organizational talent, entrepreneurial and conceptual thinking, precise presentation of complex issues
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft Office products, especially Excel and Power Point
- Distinct readiness for innovation
- Knowledge of German language is an asset but not required
About Deutsche Lufthansa AG
Deutsche Lufthansa AG is an aviation company with operations worldwide. In the financial year 2018, it generated revenue of EUR 35.8bn and employed an average of 134,440 staff. Deutsche Lufthansa AG is organized in the business segments Network Airlines, Point-to-
- Full time
Posted 2 Sep 2019
Closes 2 Oct 2019
This job was posted to: Airline finance