Project Management Team Leader
- GE Aviation - 297 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England
The Project Management function delivers scope within Program Teams in New Product Introduction (NPI) and Research & Development (R&D); accountable for delivery performance and responsible for schedule, cost and risk management, focusing on delivering quality to our customers. Reporting to the Power Project Management and Operations leader at Cheltenham, this position requires proven experience of both people leadership and project management in a challenging industry.
The key responsibilities for this role (known internally as Staff Engineer - Functional Management) are as follows:
- Working with key stakeholders to define and execute a strategy for improving project management in Power, including planning implementing change and driving the culture of accountability.
- Actively participate in business strategy as part of the Project Management and Operations function, engaging with all levels of the power business
Managing the deployment of project managers on programs, responding to requests for support etc as part of resource management. Develop core strength and experience within team.
- Work with the program management teams to identify areas for improvement within the program and match any skills to the skill gaps.
- Setting and managing team priorities aligned with the Power business objectives.
- Using the Performance Management toolset (PD) to manage aspects of individual performance including career development, identifying talent and addressing performance shortfalls.
- Provide mentorship to junior project managers to aid them in their career development.
- Implementation of best practice across the power business and wider Cheltenham campus, working within the established processes and tools.
- Identifying opportunities to improve efficiency and consistency through the deployment of both existing and potential alternative tools.
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering or technical discipline, or equivalent relevant job-based experience in project
management as a discipline
- A recognised professional qualification in project management, e.g. PMI, APM, Prince2.
- Must have a proven track record in a project management position either within GE or an equivalent business environment. Aviation industry project management
experience desirable but not essential
- Proven track-record of successful delivery of a product or service developed in line with NPI, engineering or business lifecycles
- Must have formal people leadership experience within a previous role. Experience of coaching/mentoring required.
Applications from job seekers who require
sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all
other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a
post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is
available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances,
to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please
visit the Apply>UK Border Agency website .
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS)
clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in
the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for
the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national
security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the
requirements for BPSS clearance: BPSS
- Strong leadership skills. The candidate should have a proven track record in delivering difficult projects, leading and coaching their team through challenging
circumstances. Providing mentorship and coaching to aid development of less experienced team members.
- Able to perform under pressure. Projects in the aviation industry are often significantly constrained in terms of schedule and cost. The candidate should have experience
of dealing with fast-pace of change, rapid resource deployment and conflict resolution.
- Creative problem solving. The candidate should have experience of solving problems quickly and creatively using the resources available to them as well as seeking new,
efficient ways of executing delivery through resource management.
- Experience of building high-performing teams, adoption of best practices and tools to meet the business objectives.
- Good interpersonal management skills, both within the project team and upwards to the business.
- The candidate is expected to manage communication of important
messages to a variety of business stakeholders
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by
- Full time
Posted 30 Aug 2019
Closes 28 Sep 2019
This job was posted to: Project manager