Lynn Security Officer
- GE Aviation - 298 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Lynn, Alabama, United States
The Lynn Security Officer will be responsible for all aspects of security, in fulfillment of DOD requirements. The candidate will be involved with the systems security which includes multiple facilities located throughout a 250-acre campus. In addition to providing emergency response and basic first aid, if required, the candidate will be responsible for enforcing system access controls, perimeter security, CCTV monitoring and cruiser patrol.
• Comprehend and execute all safety and emergency procedures, (for example: fire, crowd control, inclement weather, and bomb threats)
• Operate a motor vehicle during all hours and weather conditions
• Must have the ability to make decisions under a variety of circumstances, sometimes under pressure, in accordance with GE rules, regulations, policies and procedures
• Maintain composure, interact with a variety of people, including those who may demonstrate provocative behavior
• Effectively communicate to a variety of individuals in a multiplicity of settings
• Utilize communication equipment (telephones, radios, CCTvs, etc.)
• High School Diploma / GED and Advanced Security training or college credits involving security/criminal justice
• Must have Academic Training OR prior Military, Police, or Security-related experience
• Must be able to be a licensed driver and safely operate a motor vehicle
• Ability to perform physical activities as needed, with or without reasonable accommodation, to include standing, walking, running, bending, squatting, kneeling, climbing, and reaching
• Ability to lift, move, carry, push and/or pull up to 30 lbs.
• Adhere to GE Uniform grooming standards
• Ability to work in extreme temperatures
• Must be able to work overtime (forced or voluntary) and based on seniority, may be permanently assigned to first, second, or third shift, weekend or holidays.
• Must obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Secret Security clearance
• Working knowledge of Microsoft applications and functional computer skills
• Basic First Aid and CPR / AED Certified
• This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C.1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
Additional Eligibility Requirements:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. To be considered for this role, you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1101(a)(2) and 8 USC 1324b(a)(3).
• Demonstrated ability to interface well with employees and visitors
• Demonstrated ability to write detailed reports
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. Apply
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Full time
Posted 23 Aug 2019
Closes 21 Sep 2019
This job was posted to: Airport security
Recommended, similar jobs
Hyderabad Colony, Uttar Pradesh, India