- GE Aviation - 300 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Lynn, Alabama, United States
This role is focused on the part to print to process review to ensure manufacturing compliance, document the quality plan, and identify and execute process improvements to improve KPI's such as losses and First Time Yield (FTY). In a two-year period, this review will cover all parts manufactured in Lynn which covers almost every commercial and military engine model and many different types of components such as Structures, Rotating Parts, and Combustors.
- Syntesizing the overall manufacturing plan into a quality plan summary as well as analyzing data to identify improvement opportunities
- Execute reviews of the manufacturing process from the part drawing through to the actual shop floor execution delivering an outcome of a quality plan
- Analyzes manufacturing data to identify/execute process improvements opportunities
- Conformance in manufacturing, incoming goods control, product inspection, witness points and frequencies, etc.
- Works with others to develop new solutions to challenges
- Partners with Engineering on potential design changes which could drive improved products / producibility
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Manufacturing)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Manufacturing
- AS9100 or ISO9001 experience
- Quality documentation experience
- GD&T experience
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams
- Analytical and organizational ability
- Strong understanding of manufacturing control and product acceptance methodologies
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're
passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come. Learn More about GE
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Full time
Posted 14 Aug 2019
Closes 12 Sep 2019
This job was posted to: Quality control