Materials Manufacturing Internship
- GE Aviation - 300 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Rivalta di Torino, Piemonte, Italy
We are looking for an entry level professional passionate about Manufacturing processes who wants to learn and work in an international environment. The identified candidate will have the chance to support Materials Team to analyze all business units' warehouses and inventories, identifying improvement opportunities.
The internship will take place at the Rivalta di Torino (TO), Pomigliano d'Arco (NA) or Brindisi plant.
The intern will support the Materials team to:
- Define and apply standard WIP roles and KPI
- Apply standard stock inventory definition tools
- Classify materials according to predetermined criteria
- Use lean and MRP analytical tools
- Find and achieve the best solutions to control inventories and optimize warehouses
- Track defective pieces of inventory, rates of return, rates of purchase, and rates of accuracy, in order to maintain and improve quality control of the inventory
- Identify and document specific inventory shortages for parts of kits or stand-alone material items and record part number and other inventory identification for the inventory which is missing / deficient
- Plan and facilitate disposal of redundant, obsolete and scrap material
- Technical Master's Degree from an accredited University or High School. Mechanical, Industrial and Aerospace Engineering are preferred
- Strong data planning skills
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- Basic Knowledge of main manufacturing processes
- Committed to improvement
- Curious, Proactive and Self starter
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluent in English and Italian
- EU work permit
- SAP knowledge
- Able to influence, motivate and work effectively within a matrix environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Lean/Six Sigma knowledge is preferred
- Change oriented mind-set
GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
Employment decisions are made without regard to disability, race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age or any other characteristics protected by law.
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
Follow us on Twitter , join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what's happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog .
Italy;Rivalta di Torino, Pomigliano d'Arco, Brindisi;
- Full time
Posted 11 Aug 2019
Closes 9 Sep 2019
This job was posted to: Planning engineer