Supply Chain Designer Production Alternatives (M/F)
- Lufthansa - 146 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/lufthansa/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/253c86a5-69a7-460d-887a-c091b0a3d853131305099052685562.png
Design, manage and optimize the supply chain for purchasing/sales/repair of aircraft components in used and new condition.
- Design the entire supply chain for Production Alternatives (surplus material, new material, and contracted MRO material):
- Outbound supply chain to trading customer with material from internal warehouses.
- Inbound supply chain for surplus material from vendors, suppliers, and tear down facilities to internal MRO repair shops.
- Inbound/outbound supply chain for contracted MRO.
- Perform supply chain simulations to optimize global footprint of surplus chain vendors and external repair shops.
- Lead Supply Chain Design projects primarily in The Americas.
- Design and implement solutions for optimizing the repair cycle of surplus material.
- Identify cost savings and find the right balance between short lead times, inventory carrying costs, warehousing costs, transportation costs, etc.
- Drive IT solutions to provide supply chain visibility.
- Design material flow management solutions and develop monitoring solutions for supply chain coordinators.
- Work closely with internal logistics organizations to design or redesign supply chain of Production Alternatives.
- Request and approve transportation solutions from internal logistics organization.
- Work closely with Production Alternatives Supply Chain Designers in Europe and Asia.
- Identify and explore market leading logistics and supply chain solutions and drive innovation.
- Manage the implementation of new supply chain concepts.
- Ensure stable and reliable supply chain processes to integrate suppliers and LHT's internal and external customers.
- Analyze processes and identify areas of improvement by eliminating waste within the supply chain.
- Ensure resilience and stability of processes, especially during phases of exceptionally high volumes in the supply chain (bottle neck management).
- Prioritize surplus projects based on available resources (shipping, receiving, repair loop, etc.)
- Monitor and develop performance parameters of supply chain.
- Establish "best practices" within surplus organization.
- Identify and implement cost savings along the supply chain and increase process efficiency.
- Manage projects and drive changes to determine proper asset allocation and utilization.
- Monitor KPI's and ensure targets are met through corrective actions.
- Support, cooperate, and communicate with internal departments (purchasing, logistics, material management, etc.) and external parties (vendors, suppliers, customers).
- Perform support functions and deputized duties as directed.
*All other duties as assigned or required.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- College degree/vocational training desirable.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Master's degree desirable.
- 2 years of Supply Chain Management experience required.
- Fluent English required.
- German desirable.
- LH training courses desirable.
- LHT Component processes and Organization.
- Computer skills as expert.
- MS Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
- Excellent Analytical skills.
- Strong Business sense.
- Excellent Cost consciousness.
- Excellent Detail oriented.
- Excellent Innovation.
- Strong Communication skills.
- Excellent Understanding of mathematical concepts.
- Excellent Problem Solving.
- Strong Project management.
- Strong Quality consciousness.
- Excellent Productivity driven.
- Excellent Reasoning ability.
- Good Safety and Security.
- Excellent Strategic Thinking.
- Good Leadership skills.
- Excellent ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent adaptability.
- Strong assimilation.
- Good change management.
- Strong oral communication.
- Strong written communication.
- Excellent Conceptual thinking/Procedure.
- Strong conflict management skills.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Good customer service.
- Excellent commitment.
- Excellent corporate awareness.
- Strong delegation.
- Excellent flexibility.
- Excellent independence.
- Full time
Posted 10 Aug 2019
Closes 9 Sep 2019
This job was posted to: Freight