Sr Staff Product Security Leader
- GE Aviation - 300 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England
The Sr. Staff Product Security Leader will collaborate with development teams around the world to drive threat modeling exercises, lead security-focused architecture and code reviews, oversee security tests, and validate security designs across numerous Aviation products. You will be a developer security evangelist and will provide thought leadership & help guide developers in secure coding practices.
In this role, you will:
- Coach product development teams on secure design principles, development practices, and application hardening.
- Perform Threat Modeling and Architecture Risk Analysis on products.
- Perform Security Code Reviews, Vulnerability Analysis and research on application code.
- Coach and mentor developers to write and implement cryptography (PKI, Code Signing, etc)
- Guide developers to write secure code and implement secure engineering practices.
Provide response for security related incidents
Engage subject matter experts in successful transfer of complex domain knowledge
- Provide guidance and advise on writing secure code that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project.
- Audit and exploit applications and systems under development to expose vulnerabilities, and demonstrate possible fixes.
- Analyze and validate completed security improvements and CVE patches.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering or in a STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math)
- Substantial post graduate experience in cyber security
- Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website http:// Applyba.homeoffice. Apply/visas-immigration/working
- Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance
- UK Security Clearance (SC) is required and must be maintained for this role.
Candidates who do not meet the minimum requirements for UK Security Clearance are not eligible for this role on grounds of national security. If UK Security Clearance is not obtained, any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security.
- Highly skilled security Engineer who enjoys security work and collaborating with product managers and developers to drive the successful adoption of innovative methods in developing secure applications.
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (Java, Node.JS, Python, or C/C++)
- Experience conducting static code reviews and applying security auditing and/or penetration testing principles and tools.
- Working knowledge of OWASP Web/API vulnerabilities (CSRF, XSS, SQLI, etc.) and compensating controls.
- Experience securing applications within cloud platforms suchas AWS, Azure, CloudFoundry, etc
- Knowledge of secure architecture and design principles
- Knowledge of Risk Controls frameworks and procedures (NIST800-53, DFARS, etc.).
- Knowledge of API security architecture common authentication technologies (OAuth2, Spring Security, HMAC, WS-Security, WS-Trust, or XACML)preferred.
- Solid understanding of computer architecture, especially the hardware components, Software stack and protocols.
- Experience in security technologies like TXT, TPM, TrustZone etc.
- This could overlap with experience in embedded systems.
- Solid understanding of applied cryptography fundamentals (Encryption, Authentication, Symmetric Cryptography, Asymmetric Cryptography etc)
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic env
- Full time
Posted 10 Aug 2019
Closes 8 Sep 2019
This job was posted to: Airport security