- GE Aviation - 300 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
Electronic Technicians ensure military and commercial avionics products perform their specifications, administer standardized functional and environmental tests, and troubleshoot from a system level down to component level.
- Understand and follow test specifications and procedures
- Ensure product compliance and quality
- Troubleshoot electronics systems, circuit card assemblies, and components
- Prescribe rework instructions for products needing repair
- Maintain product test records in quality data tracking system
- Attend and participate in team meetings.
- Associate degree in an electronics technology discipline from an accredited university or college OR
- High School Diploma / GED with two years of technical experience in testing and troubleshooting of highly technical electronic products which could include military electronics experience (i.e. A school, I level depo-technician)
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Able and willing to complete and pass the pre-employment electronic principle's test, covering but not limited to such subjects as component identification and digital and analog circuit analysis
- Possess a thorough understanding of analog and digital circuits
- Experienced with general purpose test instruments (digital multi-meters, oscilloscopes, power supplies, function generators, phase angle voltmeters and automated test equipment)
- Able to fault isolate electronics to the component level
- Experienced in functional testing and environmental stress screening of class 3 electronics systems
- Able to follow technical procedures and specifications
- Able to read and understand technical documentation such as schematic diagrams and parts lists
- Experience using hand tools for electronics disassembly and troubleshooting.
Knowledge of IPC 610 & J-STD soldering specifications
- Basic understanding of embedded software
- Familiar with Electric Static Discharge precautions
- Ability to work under minimum supervision by being motivated and a self-starter
- Keen attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office and PDF Viewers
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. Apply
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
United States;Michigan;Grand Rapids;
- Full time
Posted 10 Aug 2019
Closes 8 Sep 2019
This job was posted to: Electrical engineer