Additive Manufacturing Lead Design Engineer (m/f/d)
- GE Aviation - 300 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Garching an der Alz, Bayern, Germany
In this role, you will be a key member of the AddWorks European Design Team. You will work with external and GE internal businesses to help to introduce additive technology into them appropriately, training their teams, identifying business cases and realising new part and product deigns in metal additive manufacturing, supporting the customer and accelerating their journey from first contact up to their final serial production release of their parts.
- Work with customers to identify the best path for the introduction of metal am into their organisation, e.g. training the team, part identification, re-design for am etc.
- Lead and support customer engagements, understand customer requirements and delivering additive manufacturing knowledge transfer to the customer through training, workshops & execution of collaborative design, development & manufacturing projects
- Product redesign or new product clean sheet design of parts, assemblies and systems for metal additive manufacturing considering DMLM, EBM and/or Binder Jet modalities
- Able to work in a cross functional, global team
- Willingness to travel up to 25%
- Bachelors/Masters degree in an Engineering or equivalent knowledge or experience
- Experience of direct collaboration or communication with external customers, suppliers and project stake holders
- Familiarity with metal additive manufacturing technologies and design for additive
- Strong working knowledge of one or more CAD systems e.g. NX, CREO, CATIA
- Familiarity with mechanical & thermal simulation tools e.g. Ansys Workbench
- Fluent in English
- Demonstrated ability to lead multi-disciplinary projects
- Fluent in German
- Experience in AM build job preparation - part orientation & support design
GE Additive - part of GE - is a world leader in additive design and manufacturing, a pioneering process that has the power and potential to transform businesses. Through our integrated offering of additive experts, advanced machines and quality materials, we empower our customers to build innovative new products. Products that solve manufacturing challenges, improve business outcomes and help change the world for the better. GE Additive includes additive machine providers Concept Laser and Arcam EBM; along with additive material provider AP&C.
Germany;Garching, Lichtenfels, Munich;
- Full time
Posted 9 Aug 2019
Closes 8 Sep 2019
This job was posted to: Design engineer