Metallic Materials Application Engineer
- GE Aviation - 300 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Lynn, Alabama, United States
GE Aviation is looking for Engineers to join our fast-growing Advanced Engineering business. The Metallic Materials Application Engineer (MAE) provides materials and process (M&P) definition, qualification, and support of engine hardware and systems that satisfy engine program requirements consistent with manufacturing and inspection capabilities. You will work with design and supply chain partners to achieve business objectives and ensure safety as it relates to assigned hardware.
- Execute, with guidance from senior engineering resources, the analysis, design, test, or integration required to define and support assigned components, assemblies, or systems that meet business standards and program / product requirements
- Prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers
- Document and communicate results of technical data generated
- Participate on teams assigned to address specific organizational initiatives
- Share engineering information and promote open dialogue
- Assure proper documentation of technical data generated for the assigned projects and/or tasks consistent with engineering policies and procedures
- M.S. in Materials Engineering, Materials Science, Metallurgy or related degree from an accredited university or college (Or B.S. in Materials Engineering, Materials Science, Metallurgy or related degree from an accredited university or college with a minimum of 2 years of work or research experience in Metallic Materials)
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Work or research experience in Metallic Materials
- Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems
- Solid oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- PC proficiency
- Ability to work in a team environment
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're
passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come. Learn More about GE
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Full time
Posted 8 Aug 2019
Closes 7 Sep 2019
This job was posted to: Planning engineer