- GE Aviation - 300 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England
Engineering associated with the manufacturing process. Positions require understanding of concepts, methods and procedures.
- Prepare documentation for new and existing manufacturing processes.
- Build manuals, control plans and PFMEA's.
- Implement ECN's and assure product compliance by means of a FAIR to AS9102 requirements.
- Review of current processes to reduce waste and improve efficiencies using lean techniques.
- Review new product designs for manufacturability.
- Review and update Engineering procedures and or Quality Standards following updates within the wider industry.
- Investigate and resolve operational problems/bottlenecks to improve flow through the facility.
- Investigate and resolve quality issues to ensure containment of concerns and corrective actions to prevent re-occurrence.
- Establish process capabilities and monitor to ensure manufacture of repeatable products.
- Work as part of wider Manufacturing Engineering team to evaluate and purchase capital equipment.
- Guide Operational Technicians in machine and process issues.
- Point of contact for area of manufacturing facility, working with Operational personnel to manage and implement improvements.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or equivalent work experience)
- Proven experience in a Manufacturing Engineering role.
- Process control documentation and procedures.
- Working knowledge of Printed Circuit Board (PCB) assembly processes and testing would be advantageous
- Electro Static Device (ESD) awareness would be advantageous
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website .\"
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website .
Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance is required and must be maintained for this role. Please note that in the event that BPSS clearance cannot be obtained, you may not be eligible for the role and/or any offer of employment may be withdrawn on grounds of national security. Please see the link below for further details regarding the requirements for BPSS clearance: BPSS .
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of Aviation regulatory requirements.
- Six Sigma Awareness and Lean Manufacturing Principals would be advantageous.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. Apply
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations
- Full time
Posted 8 Aug 2019
Closes 7 Sep 2019
This job was posted to: Planning engineer