Senior Production Quality Staff Manager
- GE Aviation - 300 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Asheville, North Carolina, United States
The Senior Production Quality Staff Manager leads the Quality team in the Asheville, NC, Ceramic Matrix Composite plant. Working in a highly matrixed, dynamic, and growing organization, the leader is responsible for product quality associated with the manufacturing process.
Additionally, as the Senior Production Quality Staff Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Ownership includes both quality assurance and quality control
- Includes quality assurance of products and manufacturing processes
- Includes conformance in manufacturing, incoming goods control, product inspection, etc.
- Develops improvement plans including PFMEAs
- Yields improvement utilizing six sigma tools, planning improvement, and quality risk assessment and abatements
- Provides mentoring and guidance to the team
- Drives improvement as a key function in the cross functional organization, interfacing with engineering and operations
- Develops and executes strategic workforce planning for the Quality organization
- Collaborates across the CMC Integrated Product Team (IPT) to drive process & product industrialization and robustness
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Manufacturing, Quality, or Engineering
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs
- Established project management skills
- Understanding of ceramic matrix composites manufacturing and technology
- Strong technical aptitude
Unison Engine Components is located in Asheville, NC. We are a leading supplier of close tolerance, complex, rotating, thin wall aero-engine components from premium grade materials. Products include disks, shafts, forward outer seals, cooling plates, blade-retainers, rotating air seals and heat shields. With over 50 years of experience, we have earned a reputation for the highest quality. We use cutting-edge techniques, such as abrasive flow process, shot peening, abrasive waterjet cutting and dual plane balancing to enhance efficiency and minimize costs. Come learn more about our area!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're
passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come. Learn More about GE
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
United States;North Carolina;Asheville;
- Full time
Posted 8 Aug 2019
Closes 7 Sep 2019
This job was posted to: Quality control