Production Control Expeditor
- GE Aviation - 300 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Hooksett, New Hampshire, United States
The Production Control Expeditor will coordinate, communicate, and expedite the flow of products and materials to and from suppliers, internal and external customers, to meet scheduled delivery requirements.
Use associated production-control related tools, processes, and systems to transfer products and materials in an efficient and effective manner, to meet schedule commitments.
Perform investigative analyses to identify issues, determine solutions, execute on plans of action, and validate results to ensure solution achievement.
Generate, disseminate, and retain related documents, records, and reports. Provide communication updates. Conduct job-related training sessions when required.
- Reviewing workflow schedules to determine priorities and regulate and direct material-flow, by generating production starts, making lot-size adjustments, addressing material shortages, changing work orders, etc., to meet delivery requirements of the Business Key Performance Indicators (KPIs.)
- Monitoring and resolving material-flow quality issues by performing investigative root-cause analysis, determining corrective actions, directing, implementing, and following-through on actions.
- Maintain data quality integrity within plant fulfillment operating systems by analyzing issues, determining, and implementing corrective actions as issues arise.
- Collaborating with Business Delivery Leader to develop customer commitment strategies and updating Critical Material Tracking (CMT) system accordingly.
- Communicating material-flow in-process schedules and completion status updates to business partners.
- Evaluating and determining the most efficient and cost-effective shipping solutions for material transportation.
- Evaluating material inventory and implementing process improvements to reduce and eliminate aged work-in-process (WIP), raw material and finished goods.
- Resolving product and material shortages by initiating contact and coordinating with vendors, suppliers, planners, etc., to discuss issue, develop a plan of action, and execute on the resolution required to meet schedule commitments.
- Conducting required training sessions with production control team-members.
- Generating required production control related reports and disseminating information to stakeholders.
- Maintaining detailed job task documentation, reports, records, etc., as required.
- Providing support in preparation and execution of physical-inventory.
- Perform related environmental, health, safety, maintenance, quality, production-flow, continuous improvement job duties to support plant machinery, equipment, and manufacturing-related initiatives and programs.
- Training duties as identified.
- Associate degree in a technical-related field from an accredited college with a minimum of 6-months experience in manufacturing operations or mechanical engineering; or
- Technical Certificate from an accredited educational institution with a minimum of 18-months of experience in manufacturing operations; or
- High school diploma/GED with a minimum of 2-years of experience in manufacturing operations field.
- Proven ability in working independently without supervision.
- Proven ability in managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated communications skills, both oral and written.
- Demonstrated experience in the use of planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience in utilizing problem-solving/root-cause analysis processes to identify and resolve issues.
- Demonstrated experience in executing and following-through on resolutions.
- Demonstrated experience in plant fulfillment disciplines to include production control or material flow.
- Demonstrated ability in coordinating and collaborating with others to address and resolve issues.
- Demonstrated intermediate level proficiency in computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and/or web-based management systems.
- Experience in leading or participating in continuous improvement initiatives i.e., Action Work-Out (AWO), Lean, etc.
- Ability to be flexible and adjust work schedule to include working overtime, job re-assignment, etc., when required, to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Demonstrated ability in maintaining relationships by recognizing needs and sensitivities of others and cooperating and resolving conflicts that inspire the Team in achieving objectives and deliverables.
- Demonstrated ability in receiving guidance and supervision, following work rules, safety practices, work procedures; meeting deadlines; and punctuality and attendance standards.
GE (NYSE:GE) drive
- Full time
Posted 8 Aug 2019
Closes 7 Sep 2019
This job was posted to: Air traffic control