- GE Aviation - 300 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
The Material Planner will provide direction and assistance to work group in order to meet assigned objectives. In this role, you will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
- - Provide effective scheduling and implementation of all programs based on the Master Schedule, cycle time, shop capacity, material availability, and status to schedules;
- - Assure timely raise purchase requisition of cutting tool to sourcing team, implement cutting tool delivery as required;
- - Identify and react to cutting tool plans that do not meet customer requirements;
- - Monitor supply and requirements misalignment using CMR tool, and collaborate with sourcing team to implement corrective action plans on cutting tool;
- - Work with sourcing team to develop cutting tool delivery commitments;
- - Act as a focal point and monitor assigned areas to ensure cutting tools' delivery dates meet production needs;
- - Timely refresh cutting tool standard inventory and keep tracking on it, ensure continue improvement projects on meeting STD inventory;
- - Analyze data to determine opportunities to decrease cutting tool inventory, improve customer service levels and reduce total costs;
- - Interface with demand management, shop scheduling, fulfillment team, configuration control, supply sources, customer service reps and other GE organizations as required;
- - Analyze and measure the current production status and identify problem areas that inhibit full schedule realization;
- - Comply with company policy and process including but not limit in compliance, quality, production, EHS, HR & Admin, lean etc.
- - Other reasonable tasks assigned by organizational or functional supervisor(s).
- - Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college.
- - At least 2 year experience in material plan and control in the mechanical field.
- - Familiar with cutting tool planning is preferred.
- - Familiar with ERP System.
- - Competent in MS Office, including Access, Project.
- - Ability to manage multiple tasks and establish effective work priorities
- - Prior experience in production control or planning, supervision, sourcing or material control
- - Ability to work effectively in all environments
- - Strong oral and written communication skills
- - Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
- Full time
Posted 8 Aug 2019
Closes 7 Sep 2019
This job was posted to: Planning engineer