Linux Operating Systems Engineer
- GE Aviation - 300 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, England
Reporting to the Senior Manager for Risk & Compliance, this is a Linux technical role, responsible for supporting Linux OS services. This includes operational and administrative tasks under an ITIL framework to deliver support for Linux. The role will work closely with L1 Service Desk and L3 Linux teams to deliver Incident, Problem and Change management for Linux environments.
- Operational support of Linux for the environment, including system administration;
- Daily collaboration with L1 and L3 teams to support the Linux environments;
- Daily technical delivery of services to support the Digital team and partners.
- Work under best practice Linux modelling, adherence to compliance and standards for all Linux systems and operating models;
- Follow and improve documentation for Linux technical disciplines;
- Support technical and administrative technical standards for Linux services;
- Deliver against defined technical best practices across the Linux operating systems and technologies; provide on site support to local teams with technical Linux operational services;
- Help manage technical attributes for CMDB regional CI information for Linux operating system environments;
- Support backup and restore services Linux systems;
- Support regional CAB for Linux associated changes
- Demonstrate Linux technical depth through relevant Linux certifications;
- experience supporting enterprise Linux environments;
- Hands on experience with Linux Operating Systems, including Linux administration.
- Experience communicating to customers and stakeholders (technical and non-technical) as well as L1, L3 technical teams;
- Experience working across a diverse environment of Digital employees, consultants and vendors.
- ITILv3 certified, experienced of working in ITIL controlled environment.
- ServiceNow experience; L1 or L1.5 Service Desk experience.
- Site-based role in Cheltenham, UK.
- Security Clearance is a requirement for this role
- Ability to identify, quantify and resolve technical problems quickly
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adapt own style accordingly
- Able to work independently and as an active part of a team
- Customer focused;
- an appetite for Continuous Improvement to enhance customer experience
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. Apply
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
Follow us on Twitter , join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community . Stay up to date on what's happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog .
- Full time
Posted 8 Aug 2019
Closes 7 Sep 2019
This job was posted to: Product support