Lead Mobile Application Software Engineer
- GE Aviation - 300 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Boston Corner, Indiana, United States
The Lead Mobile Application SW developer is responsible for building and implementing innovative mobile apps to support scalable and safe operations of autonomous aerial systems. The mobile application software will provide users access to information and plan operations in coordination with a cloud/web based airspace management system.
- The Application developer will participate and lead in the development of mobile applications. Geo-Spatial and location technologies are key to the services provided by our product, therefore experience developing software using such technologies is critical. Our application and product development is encouraged to fit within a security architecture framework that accommodates security features for client and internal services; therefore, this position requires familiarity with developing security features into applications. This position expects that the candidate can work in teams, and integrate SW designs and code with others. The ability to define and fulfill SW development tasks, and deliver in accordance with fast paced development schedules is important. Familiarity with agile development principles and tools is also necessary.
- Be responsible for developing, and evolving mobile application software for iOS AND Android using React Native in a fast paced and agile development environment using the latest software development and infrastructure
- Participate as a team member with other developers in planning and execution and/or design architecture using agile methodologies
- Work with Product Line Leaders (PLLs) and vendors to understand product requirements & vision and drive software development
- Support impact assessment and decisions related to technology choices, design /architectural considerations and implementation strategy.
- Bachelor's Degree in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) or equivalent experience
- Experience with Agile development
- A minimum of three years mobile development experience, or senior level experience distributing both iOS and Android apps to their respective stores with > 100,000 users.
- Must be willing to travel 10% and work out of an office located in Boston, MA
- Proven understanding of mobile UX
- Leadership track record across disciplines and functions within a product/project
- Experience in working with vendors for app development
- Experience managing a team of developers
- Experience with native Android or iOS development experience
- Proven understanding in core data structures as well as algorithms and can implement them using language of choice
- Experience with Typescript, Redux, Material Design, SQL, RESTful APIs
- Basic knowledge of web services and cloud based software components to support mobile application
- Experience in Confluence and Jira
- Ability to evaluate and select technology to drive features and roadmaps
- Experience working with third party development teams.
AiRXOS is building new technologies and delivering a new architecture and ecosystem for the next generation of unmanned aviation. We are passionate about enabling safe, secure and economical UAV/Drone operations at global scale. We are accomplishing this with a great collaborative team of driven engineers and technologists with expertise in Distributed; Real-Time Software, Web Services, Cloud Computing, Machine Learning Algorithms, Autonomous Systems; Robotics, Cyber Security, Air Traffic Management, Computer Visualization, and Mobile Applications. Together we are delivering capabilities that will enable a new era in aviation and autonomous systems applications. We would love for you to join us!!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
- Full time
Posted 8 Aug 2019
Closes 7 Sep 2019
This job was posted to: Software engineer