Lead Aeromechanics Engineer
- GE Aviation - 300 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Evendale, Ohio, United States
The Lead Aeromechanics Engineer will work to ensure that the airfoils within GE engines are robust with respect to vibration. The engineer will lead design, analysis, test, and validation projects in support of new engine certifications and field investigations.
- Lead the aeromechanical design, analysis, and test of the next generation of civil and military jet engines
- Lead large aeromechanical projects while providing mentorship to the team
- Lead the resolution of airfoil related issues on jet engines in the fleet
- Execute the analysis, design, test, and integration required to meet product requirements
- Prepare and present technical data to internal and external customers
- Document and communicate results of technical data generated
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering, Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, or Computer Science from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of years of experience in an engineering position)
- A Minimum of 3 years of experience in an engineering position
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Mechanical design and analysis skills
- Experience performing Modal, HCF (high cycle fatigue), Mechanical Damping, & Mistuning Analysis
- Experience performing CFD (computational fluid dynamics) analysis
- Experience with design, analysis, or test of turbomachinery is preferred
- An advanced degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited college or university
- Active US government Security Clearance
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're
passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come. Learn More about GE
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Full time
Posted 8 Aug 2019
Closes 7 Sep 2019
This job was posted to: Aircraft mechanic