Production Engineer - Carbon Coating Technology
- GE Aviation - 300 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Our Ceramic Matrix Composite (CMC) team is leading the way by revolutionizing technology of GE's jet propulsion strategy. Check it out!
The Production Engineer will demonstrate expertise in production engineering, provide strong communication of business goals and processes, and have the expertise to solve problems in our carbon coating area.
The CMC Value Stream's proprietary technology uses chemical process at many of our sites. At GE Aviation, EHS and Process Safety are core to our business success, and we are committed to committed to establishing and implementing robust systems to drive best-in-class performance.
- Understand the mechanical system, vacuum systems, electronics, software, gas management systems of a CVD reactor
- Own the CVD system safety, functionality, stability, and uptime in a manufacturing shop operation environment
- Support and lead innovative equipment improvement projects to reduce unplanned equipment downtime and to improve equipment metrics such as: Overall Equipment Effectiveness and Cost Reduction
- Know the statistical model, ability to use software such as Jmp, Minitab, Excel to run data analysis
- Ability to present data and results in weekly / daily based manufacturing and engineering operations meetings
- Pro-active in taking ownership on the CVD system health, troubleshooting and ability to optimize and improve CVD system tools for operational efficiency
- Self-motivated to get the solution with reasonable amount of time and financial support
- Communicate effectively with peers, management, supplier and customers, in both written and oral manners
- Knowledge of Lean, TPM and 6 Sigma methodologies
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (Or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Manufacturing)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a Manufacturing Engineering Specialist
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Proven analytical and organizational ability
- Strong project management skills
- Knowledge of Lean, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), and Six Sigma methodologies
- Ability to analyze problems, identify root causes and provide efficient solutions
- Ability to handle diverse activities simultaneously
- Ability to work in a matrix organization
- Technical acumen - aptitude to understand complex manufacturing and design
requirements, as well as the operational processes associated with chemical plants &
GE Aviation is investing more than $200 million to construct two factories on 100 acres in Huntsville, Alabama. One plant will mass produce silicon carbide (SiC) ceramic fiber, the first high volume production operation in the U.S. The adjacent GE factory on the same campus will use the
SiC ceramic fiber to make unidirectional CMC prepreg necessary to fabricate the CMC components.
connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on Twitter!
At GE Aviation , we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in
research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're
passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come. Learn More about GE
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or ex
- Full time
Posted 8 Aug 2019
Closes 7 Sep 2019
This job was posted to: Project manager