Embedded SW Development Engineer
- GE Aviation - 300 jobs http://www.jobsinaviation.com/jobs/aviation/ge-aviation/ http://www.jobsinaviation.com/Images/Default/recruiters/Thumbnail/ccc13e36-a3be-4aac-9ef6-88f587f249eb131129807088665247.png
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
This posting is for an entry level Embedded Software Engineer.
The successful candidate will be part of a world class Embedded Software Development team, developing safety critical flight software for civil aircraft applications.
In addition, as the Embedded Software Engineer, you will:
- Design and implement flight software from requirements and architecture
- Define and review requirements and design of embedded flight software
- Participate in reviews of software code and other software development artifacts
- Provide status on progress and any issues that may be encountered
- Work with a software team to develop embedded flight software for civil applications
- BS is Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Mathematics from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of 6 months of Software development experience (either in the classroom, as an intern / co-op, or professional)
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
· This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
- Experience in C and/or Ada programming languages
- Experience with developing embedded software drivers or applications
- Some knowledge of DO-178B/C
- An interest in Avionics software development
- Familiarity with development of Safety Critical applications or embedded software
At GE Aviation Systems , we're reengineering the sky, from our work on flight efficiency services and integrated avionics, to our innovations in integrated electric power and propulsion systems and SmartGrid on aircraft.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. Apply
As exciting as our work environment is, there's a lot to keep your attention outside of work as well in scenic Grand Rapids, MI. Located in the four-county West Michigan area with a population of nearly one million, Grand Rapids offers a pleasant everyday experience that transcends the ordinary. Nature has provided abundant opportunities for recreation throughout four distinct seasons, with clean lakes and streams, beaches and forests. Whether you're single or raising a family, the quality of life in Grand Rapids is an attractive advantage. Local institutions include the Gerald R. Ford Presidential Museum, Van Andel Museum Center, & John Ball Park Zoo. If you're continuing your education, excellent local options, include Davenport University, Grand Valley State University, Ferris State University, Grand Rapids Community College, Hope College, Michigan State University and Western Michigan University. Land a career with us, and find yourself in the perfect location to build a fulfilling life as well as a satisfying career!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
United States;Florida, Michigan;Grand Rapids, Clearwater;
- Full time
Posted 8 Aug 2019
Closes 7 Sep 2019
This job was posted to: Product support